go card is your electronic ticket to travel seamlessly on all TransLink bus, train (including Airtrain), ferry and tram services in South East Queensland.
It's simple to use. All you need to do is top-up your card, touch on at the start of your journey and touch off at the end – easy!
And it comes with many great benefits:
- Your fare is automatically calculated and deducted from your card balance, there's no need to worry about transfers, off-peak or frequent user travel discounts.
- It's cheaper than the cost of a paper ticket and there's a few ways to save when you travel with go card.
- Register your go card online to view your travel history, top-up your card and protect your travel credit if it's lost or stolen.
- See Brisbane City in a whole new way when you use your go card to hire a CityCycle.
Get your go card today!
Types of go card
go card is available for adults, children, and eligible seniors and concession card holders.
Children, seniors and concession go card holders travel at 50% of the normal adult fares.
15 years and over
Expires 10 years after day of issue
5 - 14 years old (inclusive)
Expires on the child's 15th birthday
Current Australian Senior Card holders
Choose a Senior go card or Seniors Card +go
Full-time secondary and tertiary students, pensioners, veterans
Touch your go card on at an electronic card reader. The sound and lights will be different depending on your type of card.
The card reader will give:
- a green light and one beep for adult cards
- an amber light and two beeps for children, seniors and concession cards.
Getting a red light or a cross?
Try again, or try touching another card reader. Now be sure to touch off at the end of your journey.
Your fare is automatically deducted from your card balance, and it's displayed along with the your remaining balance.
Remember, if you forget to touch on or off, you may be charged a fixed fare at the end of your trip.
There's many great benefits when you register your go card online:
- top-up your card online and over the phone
- set up auto top-up to always have travel credit on your card
- protect the money loaded onto your card if it's lost or stolen
- check your balance and transaction history
- request a refund or a balance transfer
- check your expiry date.
Your go card travel credit won't expire.
If you don't use your go card for two years you'll no longer be able to use the card to travel. You can apply for a refund for any unused credit on your card.
If you top-up your go card online, via auto top-up or over the phone and you don't touch on within 6 months, the top-up will be reversed and the money will be returned to your credit or debit card.
If your go card is registered, and it's lost or stolen, call us on 13 12 30 immediately and we'll block it so it can't be used.
Register your go card today for peace of mind.
If you're unable to touch on or off with your go card it may be faulty or damaged. Ask a driver or station staff member for help, or call us on 13 12 30.
- Adult: 10 years from the date of issue
- Child: on the child's 15th birthday
- Concession: the same day as your concession card expiry
- Senior: 10 years from date of issue.
You can update your expiry date at your local retailer. Concession card holders will need to present a valid concession ID to update their go card expiry date.
If you've purchased your concession go card online, you'll do need to update your expiry date at a retailer within 14 days of purchase.
If you've been overcharged, you can report an incorrect fare and apply to have your go card balance adjusted within 8 weeks of the date of error.
Request an adjustment online or call 13 12 30.
You can get a refund on any unused go card travel credit and deposit less any outstanding fares, fees and charges. However, you must surrender your go card and it will be cancelled.
Visit selected go card retailers for a cash or EFTPOS refund (maximum $50 card balance + deposit), or complete the go card guide to balance transfers and refunds form (PDF, 300KB).
Refunds are given in Australian dollars only, and electronic funds transfer (EFT) refunds are to Australia bank accounts only.
You can transfer your balance and refundable deposit from your old card to your new card.
Balance transfers are usually completed within 10 business days.
There are third party applications on the internet and for mobile phones that display go card account balances and other go card information.
TransLink doesn't endorse these products. Customers who provide their go card details to non-TransLink third party applications or non-endorsed service providers are breaching the go card terms and conditions.
You can use your go card to access Brisbane City Council's public bike share scheme – CityCycle.
All charges and fees to use CityCycle are set by Brisbane City Council.
To link your go card or for more information visit the CityCycle website or call the CityCycle HOTLINE on 1300 229 253.