Eligible full-time university, TAFE and post-secondary student in Queensland, can apply to receive concession fares to help with the cost of public transport fares.

Important information

  • You will not start receiving concession fares until your application has been processed.
  • Refunds are not provided to students during the processing period carried out by the institution.
  • All student applications are classified as ‘awaiting verification’ until they are processed.
  • If you wish to follow up on the progress of your application, you can either log in to your go card account or contact your tertiary institution.

Continuing students: You don't need to apply for concession fares every year if your enrolment hasn't changed. However, if you've changed institutions or your enrolment status has changed then you may need to reapply.

If your circumstances have changed or your concession fares have been cancelled, please contact your tertiary institution to discuss your enrolment status.

Ticket options

South East Queensland: To travel on services (excluding Airtrain) in South East Queensland, you will need an adult go card and then apply to have concession fares activated on your card. Eligibility criteria is listed below.

Regional Queensland: To travel on Translink and QConnect services in regional Queensland and pay concession fares, you will need to apply for a regional concession sticker which then sticks onto your valid student ID. You may be asked to show this when purchasing your concession paper ticket. 

Related links