TransLink, a division of the Department of Transport and Main Roads is committed to protecting your privacy. TransLink abides by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (IP Act) which regulates the way in which Queensland government agencies must manage personal information. It addresses concerns about any unauthorised use of this information and gives individuals a right of access to personal information held about them.
Where relevant, the department may record information about your use of this website or MyTransLink app for statistical purposes and to improve your digital experience. We use Google Analytics to gather anonymous information about how customers use our websites and apps.
Unless you provide your personal information as part of the online service, no attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may request inspection of the activity logs, through appropriate legal processes.
You must not use any application, system or method to access information on this website, including information in relation to go card accounts, other than through ordinary use of this website by methods purposely made available on this website. You must not provide to any person or invite or solicit any third party to provide you with, passwords or other information to enable such access.
Email and SMS
We will not use your personal contact details you provide such as email address, SMS device number or phone number other than for the purpose for which you provided it. Where assistance is requested, your enquiry will be forwarded to the relevant departmental officer and/or our contactor and business partner.
If you have received communication from TransLink and no longer wish to receive updates from us, you can unsubscribe via:
- clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any TransLink email you have received
- managing your email and SMS preferences on your go card account.
To help improve the app and TransLink services more generally, TransLink may, from time-to-time, record information about your use of the app. This information may include:
- the random, auto-generated user account number created when the app is first launched and associated with your device
- when and how the app is used
- the pages accessed and the types of functions used
- your location when using a map, stop alarm or 'stops near you' feature, and
- your device type and information required in order to deliver push notifications to you, when enabled.
TransLink (and its contractors) may use the information recorded about your use of the app to contact you and invite you to participate in surveys and to otherwise improve the app and TransLink services more generally.
By downloading the TransLink app and 'enabling' each push notification function in the app settings on your device, you consent to TransLink delivering push notifications to your device to:
- notify you of current or upcoming journey or route disruptions; and
- invite you to participate in TransLink customer surveys.
If you do not wish to receive either or both types of push notifications from TransLink, you may disable either or both types of push notification functions in the app settings on your device.
Unless otherwise stated in these conditions of use, no attempt will be made to identify users or users' activities, unless TransLink is required by law to do so.
Our use of your personal information will depend on whether you are a 'registered' smart card holder or whether you have an 'unregistered' smart card.
A Smart Card is a valid form of electronic ticket used for travel on the TransLink SEQ network such as a go card or go explore card.
For any go card enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unregistered smart cards
If you have an unregistered smart card the following information will be retained:
- travel transaction history
- financial transactions such as top-ups
- contact details for data-matched concession fare card holders.
Registered smart cards
If you choose to register your smart card, your personal information will be securely held and linked to the serial number of your smart card. Your physical smart card will not hold any personal information.
Your personal information may be used to facilitate smart card services including:
- top ups
- fare adjustments
- balance transfers
- obtain a replacement card
- 'hotlist' or cancel a lost or stolen card to protect the stored value
- notify you of changes to your smart card (for example impending card expiry)
- provide you with relevant surveys to improve the go card product offering.
We aim to protect the personal information we hold against loss, misuse and unauthorised access. We have a range of physical and technological procedures in place to provide a secure environment.
This site provides facilities for securely transmitting information across the internet using a current best practice Transport Layer Security implementation.
Cookies are text files that a website can transfer to your computer when you access information on that site. Cookies allow websites to recognise you as you browse their website.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers located outside of Australia. No personally identifying information is recorded or provided to Google. If you are logged into your go card account, information about your user account is NOT linked to data recorded by Google Analytics and is NOT provided to Google.
Information gathered using the Google Analytics cookie includes:
- the number of visitors to TransLink’s website
- how visitors arrive at TransLink’s website, for example, did they type the address in directly, follow a link from another webpage, or arrive via a search engine
- the number of times each page is viewed and for how long
- time and date of visit
- geographical location of the visitor
- information about what browser was used to view the TransLink’s website and the operating system of the computer
- information about whether the browser supports Java and Flash
- the speed of the user's internet connection.
Our websites contain links to non-Department of Transport and Main Roads websites. The Department of Transport and Main Roads is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of those websites.
Feedback and enquiries
For details on how you can provide feedback and enquiries, please visit our Contact Us page.
If you believe that TransLink has not dealt with your personal information in accordance with the Information Privacy Act (2009), you may lodge an information privacy complaint with TransLink.
A privacy complaint is a complaint by an individual about an act or practice of a department in relation to the individual’s personal information.
Privacy complaints made to the department must:
- be written
- state an address of the complainant to which notices may be forwarded under the IP Act
- provide certified identification
- give particulars of the act or practice the subject of the complaint.
Privacy complaints need to be marked private and confidential and forwarded to:
|Contact method||Contact details|
|Post:||RTI, Privacy and Complaints Management
Department of Transport and Main Roads
GPO Box 1549
Brisbane Qld 4001
|Phone:||07 3066 7108|
Or you may lodge your complaint or enquiry online through our online feedback form.