Translink is a division of the Department of Transport and Main Roads with statewide responsibility for:
- buses, trains, ferries and trams across South East Queensland
- buses in Cairns
- buses in Mackay
- buses in Toowoomba
- buses in Townsville
- regional services
- demand responsive transit
- taxi regulation
- long distance rail, coaches and regional air.
Our vision and purpose is creating a single integrated transport network accessible to everyone.
We provide support and give you a way to have your opinions heard and acted on.
You can speak with a Translink customer service operator at any time by calling 13 12 30. Travel information is also available online.
Projects and initiatives
We're constantly improving our network and services to make it easier for you to use public transport. This includes station upgrades, expanding the network and changing the way we do business.
Ticketing and events
For some events, customers are able to buy an integrated travel and entry ticket. This means one ticket gets customers to and from the event for free on public transport.
Up to $25 million is lost each year to fare evasion on the Translink network. This lost revenue could be reinvested in new and improved public transport services.
We conduct market research to learn about our customers and their travel patterns. From time-to-time, we may:
- contact people through consumer panels or by phone
- speak to people at stops or stations, or travelling on board public transport services
- contact registered go card customers who have agreed to be considered for market research or opinion polls.
Each quarter, we commission an independent research company to monitor customer satisfaction levels. This research asks public transport users how well we are meeting our key performance indicators, which helps us to review and improve our performance.