Australian residents with a current Pensioner Concession Card from any Australian state or territory are eligible for a concession fare. Dependents listed on the card do not receive a concession fare.

The Pensioner Concession Card is issued by Services Australia or the Department of Veterans' Affairs.

To travel on concession fares:

Please note: Holders of Centrelink or Services Australia issued Health Care Cards are not entitled to travel on a concession fare.

Australian Defence Force Veterans

Australian Defence Force Veterans who are Queensland residents are eligible for a concession fare if they hold either:

  • a gold Veteran Card - All conditions
  • a gold DVA Health Card - All conditions
  • a white Veteran Card - Specific conditions
  • a white DVA Health Card - Specific conditions.

The cards must have the prefix 'Q' as proof of Queensland residency.

Cards issued interstate are not accepted and dependents listed on the card do not receive a concession fare.

Department of Veterans' Affairs issue these cards. The Veteran Cards will gradually replace the DVA Health Cards.

To travel on concession fares:

TPI/EDA Veteran Travel Card

The Totally and Permanently Incapacitated/Extreme Disablement Adjustment Veteran Travel card (TPI/EDA Veteran Travel card) gives eligible TPI/EDA ex-service men and women unlimited free travel on approved public transport services.

The card is valid for ten years from the date of issue.

To travel show your TPI/EDA card to the driver when boarding or station officers at gated train stations.

You must hold a Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Gold Card that is embossed TPI or EDA with the DVA file number beginning with the letter 'Q'.

Spouses, partners and dependants of TPI/EDA veterans may be eligible for concessional travel on Queensland Rail long distance rail services. Visit the Queensland Rail website for more information.

  1. Download and complete the TPI/EDA Veteran Travel card application.
  2. Post your application form and two photos (one of which must be certified) to:

    TPI/EDA Veteran Travel card
    Locked Bag 1414
    Dandenong South VIC 3164
  3. Allow 15 business days to process your application. If you have any questions about your application's progress, please call our card supplier, ABCorp on 1800 336 678.

You will only need to renew your TPI/EDA card if it is close to expiry.

Before your card expires, we'll send you a pre-filled renewal form to complete.

If you do not receive a renewal form, download the TPI/EDA Veteran Travel card renewal application form or call Translink on 13 12 30.

You just need to carry your card with you at all times while travelling in case you're asked to show it.

The TPI/EDA Veteran Travel Card can be used on the following services:

  • Southern Moreton Bay Islands ferry (Russell Island, Macleay Island, Karragarra Island, Lamb Island to Redland Bay).
  • Translink bus, train, ferry and tram services excluding Airtrain
  • qconnect urban bus services
  • Palm Island to Townsville ferry
  • Magnetic Island to Townsville ferry
  • Seisia to Thursday Island ferry
  • Coochiemudlo Island to Victoria Point ferry
  • North Stradbroke Island ferry

TPI/EDA veterans are also entitled to one free return trip each fortnight on Queensland Rail long distance rail services. You will still need to make a booking by contacting Queensland Rail.

If your TPI/EDA Veteran Travel card has been lost, stolen or damaged, please call the Department of Transport and Main Roads card supplier, ABCorp, on 1800 336 678 or email to request a replacement card.

In Queensland, free travel is restricted to the TPI/EDA Veteran Travel card holder only.

However, companions may be eligible for the Queensland Government Companion Card program. This provides travel assistance to people who require lifelong attendant care.

For more information see the Companion Card website or call 13QGOV (13 74 68)

For general enquiries or to provide comments about this card please call Translink on 13 12 30 or submit an online feedback form.

For timetables and ticketing information on long distance rail, contact Queensland Rail on 1800 872 467.

If you have a hearing impairment, please see our other phone contact numbers.