Brisbane Airport (BNE)
Airtrain, a non-Translink operator, links Brisbane's International and Domestic Airports with Brisbane City and the Gold Coast.
Book online through Airtrain and return for FREE* to any train station in South East Queensland. Only available when booking through Airtrain. *T&Cs apply. Please note that this offer is non-refundable but it is transferable. To transfer this ticket you must notify Airtrain before the date of travel. If you would prefer a refundable option, purchase two separate one-way tickets.
Other ticket options:
- Use go card (pay for each journey as you go - free return journey not available)
- Single paper ticket purchased from Queensland Rail, Airtrain and G:link stations (one way ticket only)
Kids travel free between the City and Brisbane Airports
Airtrain tickets are only valid on Airtrain or Queensland Rail services. Transfers are not permitted to bus or ferry services. A new journey will commence when customers transfer to a bus or ferry service.
Airtrain stations are located at the Domestic Airport and the International Airport, directly in front of each terminal so access is easy for passengers with luggage.
You can catch the Airtrain to travel between every South East Queensland train station and Brisbane Airport. Airtrain offers a direct express service from Gold Coast stations to Brisbane Airport travelling via Brisbane City.
Hours of operation
Airtrain operates between 4.30am and 10.00pm with services running every 15 minutes during peak times. View the Airtrain timetable.
The journey is comfortable in the modern fleet of trains, with air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, space for luggage, restrooms on-board, and information screens to help you navigate your journey.
Services between Brisbane's Airports and the city take only 20 minutes. Plan your journey.
If you need to travel between Brisbane Airport and Skygate:
Gold Coast Airport (OOL)
Two Translink-operated buses service the Gold Coast Airport.
- Route 777: Connects to and from the Airport to G:link trams at Broadbeach South station (near Pacific Fair Shopping Centre). Find out more about this service.
- Route 760: Connects to Varsity Lakes train station (for travel to and from Brisbane).
Sunshine Coast Airport (MCY)
- Route 622 runs to and from the Sunshine Coast Airport. It connects to Maroochydore (at Sunshine Plaza) and Noosa Junction bus stations for access to other bus routes.
This service runs through Maroochydore, Pacific Paradise, Marcoola, Mt Coolum, Coolum, Peregian Springs, Noosa.
Cairns Airport (CNS)
Mackay Airport (MKY)
You can transfer to other routes that serve the rest of Mackay from Caneland Central easily.