Where to buy
- go card online
- any 7-Eleven store and selected retailers
- many G:link and busway stations
- Queensland Rail stations during ticket office opening hours.
Paper tickets can be bought:
- from a ticket office at train stations during opening hours
- from a fare machine at a busway, train or tram station
- at major interchanges.
Even if you are an infrequent public transport user, go card is a cheaper, easier and more convenient travel option.
How to use a fare machine
Fare machines are available at selected busway, train and tram stations.
- buy an adult go card at a busway and tram station fare machine
- top up your go card at any fare machine
- buy paper tickets at any fare machine.
Please use correct money where possible. Change will be given as coins up to the value of $19.90.
Sometimes a fare machine is unable to give the correct change because it has run out of coins or there is a problem with the machine. If you don't receive the correct change and you have the original refund claim receipt, you can claim a refund.
Fare machine refunds
If you bought a paper ticket from a fare machine and did not receive the correct change, you can:
- take the original refund claim receipt to a Queensland Rail ticket office for a refund, or
- fill out a fare machine refund form (PDF, 181KB) and post it along with the original refund claim receipt.
How to get a go card refund
You can get a refund on any unused go card travel credit and deposit, by either:
Refunds can be issued one of two ways:
- complete the go card guide to balance transfers and refunds form (PDF, 300KB) and post it to us
- at selected go card retailers.
When an unused travel credit refund is issued, your go card must be surrendered and it will be cancelled.