Eligible job seekers can apply online for a 50% concession fare on TransLink public transport services (excluding Airtrain, travel and tourist rail services), regional qconnect bus services and approved regional ferry services.

Within the go card area

Concessions are applied to an
adult go card.

Apply for go card concessions

Outside the go card area

Job seekers must apply for a
regional concession card.

Apply for regional concession card

Eligibility criteria

To be eligible for concession fares, job seekers must meet all the following criteria:

  • reside in Queensland
  • receive one of the following Commonwealth benefits:
    • Newstart Allowance
    • Youth Allowance (job seeking category only).

Note: Job seekers who live outside of Queensland and Youth Allowance recipients studying full time or undertaking full time Australian apprenticeship are not eligible for job seekers concessions.

How to apply

Travelling in the go card area

Step 1 - You need an adult go card and a Centrelink CRN

  • If you have an adult go card, check it hasn't expired. Log-on to your go card account, visit selected go card retailers or train station ticket office, or call TransLink 13 12 30 anytime.
  • If you don’t have an adult go card you need to buy one. Note, you may then need to wait up to 24 hours before you can apply.
  • Your CRN is your Centrelink Customer Reference Number issued by the Department of Human Services.  

Step 2 - Apply online for concession fares

  • If your go card is already registered - login to your go card account and click the 'My Details' tab and follow the prompts (see note below). 
  • If you have not registered your go card - you can register and then apply by following the prompts (see note below). 
  • if you do not want to register your go card - apply online by following the prompts (see note below). 
  • Note: In the ‘Organisation’ field on the application page type 'job' to bring up the right concession type for job seekers.
  • Remember, use your full CRN including the letter at the end.

Step 3 - Wait to hear from us by SMS or email

  • We will let you know if your application was successful or not. 
  • This may take up to 14 days for eligibility checks against Department of Human Services(Centrelink) records 
  • If your application is not approved, you will need to travel on adult fares.

Step 4 - If approved, touch on within 60 days

  • Once appproved, touch your go card to a card reader to activate the concession fares on your card. 
  • Concession fares will be on your go card until Centrelink tells us you are no longer eligible.
  • If you're no longer eligible, we'll let send you an SMS or email at least 14 days before your go card will revert to adult fares.
  • When travelling, always carry your photo ID and show it as proof of concession eligibility when asked by a TransLink driver or authorised person or you could be fined $252.


Travelling outside the go card area

Step 1 - You need a Centrelink CRN 

  • Your CRN is your Centrelink Customer Reference Number issued by the Department of Human Services.
  • You should use your full CRN including the letter at the end to apply.

Step 2 - Apply online for your regional concession card

  • Go to our concession card application page.
  • Complete your details and submit.
  • We will assess your eligibility against Centrelink records and advise if you are approved or not.
  • If you are not approved but believe you are eligible, please contact Centrelink.

Step 3 - If your application is approved we will send you a regional concession card in the mail

  • This can take up to 14 business days.
  • Show your regional concession access card to the driver to get half price fares.
  • Carry photo identification and show it as proof of concession eligibility when asked by a TransLink driver.
  • If you are not eligible, you will need to travel on adult fares.
  • When your regional concession card expires you will need to apply for a new card if you still meet the eligibility requirements.

Lost cards

Have you lost your regional concession card and need a replacement card?

If your card is due to expire within 30 days, please proceed with an online renewal application.


  1. Download and complete the replacement application form
  2. Scan and email the form to our supplier at info.qld@abcorp.com.

Please note, you’re only permitted a maximum of three cards during any six month period.

Related links