Eligible asylum seekers can apply for a 50% concession fare on TransLink public transport services (excluding Airtrain travel and tourist rail services), regional qconnect bus services and approved regional ferry services.
- Within the go card area – Concessions for asylum seekers will be applied to an adult go card. Asylum seekers should go to one of the asylum seeker support agencies listed below to apply for a concession.
- Outside the go card area – Asylum seekers should complete the application form (PDF, 224KB) and take it to one of the asylum seeker support agencies listed below to apply for a concession sticker for their ImmiCard.
To be eligible for concession fares, asylum seekers must meet all the following criteria:
- reside in Queensland
- be 18 years and over, or be 15-17 years old and not in full time education
- be deemed an Asylum Seeker according to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) evidenced by holding one of the following:
- an Evidence of Status (EIS) ImmiCard
- a Residence Determination (RD) ImmiCard
- a document issued by the DIBP confirming Asylum Seeker status
- documentation issued by the Designated Support Agency confirming status as an asylum seeker for example confirmation of support under the Status Resolution Support Programme.
Note: You will not be eligible for asylum seeker concession fares if you live interstate, are a refugee or have an ImmiCard that has expired.
How to apply
Travelling in the go card area
Step 1 - You need an adult go card and a Centrelink CRN
Step 2 - Contact your asylum seeker support agency to apply
Step 3 - Wait to hear from us by SMS or email
Step 4 - If approved, touch on within 60 days
Travelling outside the go card area
Step 1 - You need an ImmiCard and a Centrelink CRN
Step 2 - Download form and contact your asylum seeker support agency
Step 3 - If eligible, your support agency will put a sticker on your ImmiCard
Recognised asylum seeker support agencies
The department’s process for providing concession fares to asylum seekers requires the cooperation and assistance of asylum seeker support agencies to assess and verify eligibility.
The following Agencies are registered to verify eligibility for asylum seeker concessions: