With our transfer options, you can combine two or more smaller trips into one overall journey, with one fare.
go card transfer rules
Use your go card to tap on and off for each trip. Our system will automatically combine your trips into a single fare.
Train-to-train or tram-to-tram transfers only need to be tapped off at the end of the journey.
- One-hour time limit between transfers
- Maximum of 3 transfers per journey
- Total journey length must be shorter than 6 hours
- Final trip must start within 3.5 hours of first trip
Paper ticket transfer rules
- Unlimited transfers within 2 hours (3.5 hours if travelling more than 4 zones—SEQ only)
- You must start your final trip before the printed expiry time
- Returning to your initial departure destination is not permitted—you must purchase another paper ticket to do this