MyTransLink makes accessing bus, train, ferry and tram information easy. The app’s customisable features ensure you get the service updates that matter to you.
- Favourites: Set your favourite bus, train, ferry or tram service or stop to get up-to-date information and notifications.
- Journey planner: Plan your bus, train, ferry and tram journey.
- Stop timetable: See the next services departing your stop with real-time information.
- Find stops: Find nearby stops, stations or terminals.
- Trip announcer: Follow your bus, train, ferry or tram trip while on-board to see upcoming stops and remaining journey time. Set an audio or visual stop alert for your destination stop.
Please note trip announcer and real-time information are not available for services in Cairns, Mackay or Toowoomba.
Tips to get the most out of the app!
Get up-to-date information on your services by checking the app before you head out!
Notifications and alerts
Ensure you turn on push notifications and service notice alerts to receive information about your services.
Update your notifications and alert settings
- Go to 'More' and select 'Settings'.
- Ensure 'Enable push notifications' and 'Service notice alerts' are checked.
- Go to 'Push alert times' and set your start and end times to match when you travel.
- Check your device's global notification settings.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Use the trip announcer feature to track your journey in real-time. The screen will update as the trip progresses, displaying a map, the stop names and remaining trip time. You can also set stop announcements. Trip announcer will let you know when the next stop is coming up and when you’re about to reach your destination.
Accessing trip announcer
- Go to 'Favourites', select your favourite stop or service, and select your departure time.
- Go to 'More', select either 'Stops' or 'Services', search for and select your stop or service, then choose your departure time.
Your mobile phone provider may apply data download charges. Contact them to check your data usage costs.
MyTransLink doesn't collect or store any of your private information. The app will save your favourite services ('My services') and stops ('My stops')—it won't collect any other information about you or your phone.
Like many apps, MyTransLink uses your phone's GPS or location services. Continued GPS usage, even while running in the background, can decrease your battery.
You might get a registration error message when you first use the app. In order for MyTransLink to provide up-to-the-minute information and send push notifications, the time on your device should be set automatically. To set your time automatically refer to your devices help guide.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.