The MyTransLink makes accessing bus, train, ferry and tram information easy. The app’s customisable features ensure you get the service updates that matter to you.
Using the MyTransLink app
- Plan: Plan your journey using the search box.
- Favourites: Add your Favourite stops, Services and Destinations for quick access to frequently used information.
- Stop timetable: from your Favourites or Plan screens you can see real-time information on the next services departing your stop.
- Find stops: Find the timetables for nearby stops, stations or terminals by selecting them on the map.
- Notifications and alerts: Receive push notifications to your phone to know about service changes.
- Trip announcer: Follow your trip while on-board to see upcoming stops and remaining journey time. Set an audio or visual stop alert for your destination stop.
Please note trip announcer and real-time information are not available for services in Mackay or Toowoomba.
TransLink are committed to continuing to improve journey planning for public transport customers in Queensland. We listen to our customers and are working to improve the app for public transport users.
If you have feedback on the latest update, we'd like to hear it.
If you would like to volunteer to be involved in future beta testing please complete our registration form. As a beta tester you will able to test new features and updates and provide feedback before it is release to the public.
Notifications and alerts
Ensure you turn on push notifications and service notice alerts to receive information about your services.
Update your notifications and alert settings
- Go to 'More' and select 'Notifications'.
- Ensure 'Service notice alerts' are checked.
- Go to 'Push alert times' and set your start and end times and days to match when you travel.
- Check your device's global notification settings.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Use the trip announcer feature to track your journey in real-time. The screen will update as the trip progresses, displaying a map, the stop names and remaining trip time. You can also set stop announcements. Trip announcer will let you know when the next stop is coming up and when you’re about to reach your destination.
Accessing trip announcer
- Go to 'Favourites', select your Favourite Stop. Click on your service to access the Trip screen. Select the person icon in the top right-hand corner of the map to enable Trip announcer
- Go to 'Favourites', select your Favourite Service. From the Timetable filter you can select the trip you want to use. On the Trip screen click the person icon in the top right-hand corner of the map to enable Trip announcer.
- Go to 'More', select 'Active Alerts', see which service and stops have alerts enabled.
Your mobile phone provider may apply data download charges. Contact them to check your data usage costs.
TransLink abides by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) when managing personal information.
The MyTransLink app will save your Favourite Stops, Services and Destinations on your device. Your personal information will only be collected if you provide it with your feedback or enquiry.
Your personal information may be accessible by authorised officers and contractors of TransLink. TransLink will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent unless required or authorised by law.
Like many apps, MyTransLink uses your phone's GPS or location services. Continued GPS usage, even while running in the background, can decrease your battery.
You might get a registration error message when you first use the app. In order for MyTransLink to provide up-to-the-minute information and send push notifications, the time on your device should be set automatically. To set your time automatically refer to your devices help guide.
If your location is not enabled, you may experience limited funcationality within the app. To change, go to your phone settings and enable location services.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.