The MyTransLink makes accessing bus, train, ferry and tram information easy. The app’s customisable features ensure you get the service updates that matter to you.
Updates to MyTransLink
In November 2017, a major update was released for the MyTransLink Application.
The update included new customer initiated features and an improved design with a focus on map-based navigation.
The update offers a different user experience for customers with more features to assist customers in their journey planning including, prioritisation of favourite preferences and more focus on real-time information.
TransLink are committed to continuing to improve journey planning for public transport customers in Queensland. Since the 2014 release of the MyTransLink app we have continued to improve the app based on our customer's feedback.
We have been listening to our customers and are working to improve the app for public transport users. Following the release in November we have been updating the app in response to feedback. There will be a release going out this week that addresses issues including the time picker, replacing the timetable filter with the timetable grid, adding a 'last updated' indicator for real-time information and general performance and bug fixes.
If you have feedback on the latest update, we'd like to hear it.
If you would like to volunteer to be involved in future beta testing please complete our registration form. As a beta tester you will able to test new features and updates and provide feedback before it is release to the public.
- Plan: Quickly find your closest stop timetables, or plan bus, train, ferry and tram journey using the search box.
- Favourites: Add your Favourite stops, Services and Destinations for quick access to frequently used information.
- Stop timetable: from your Favourites or Plan screens you can see the next services departing your stop with real-time information.
- Find stops: Find nearby stops, stations or terminals by selecting them on the map.
- Trip announcer: Follow your bus, train, ferry or tram trip while on-board to see upcoming stops and remaining journey time. Set an audio or visual stop alert for your destination stop.
Please note trip announcer and real-time information are not available for services in Mackay or Toowoomba.
Tips to get the most out of the app
- Get up-to-date information on your services by checking the app before you head out
- Save your regularly used Stops and Services by clicking the heart icon. When you have Favourites saved the app will priortise that information for your convenience.
- Change your notification preferences to suit your travel times. You can change the days and time that you receive notifications to suit your lifestyle.
Notifications and alerts
Ensure you turn on push notifications and service notice alerts to receive information about your services.
Update your notifications and alert settings
- Go to 'More' and select 'Notifications'.
- Ensure 'Service notice alerts' are checked.
- Go to 'Push alert times' and set your start and end times and days to match when you travel.
- Check your device's global notification settings.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Use the trip announcer feature to track your journey in real-time. The screen will update as the trip progresses, displaying a map, the stop names and remaining trip time. You can also set stop announcements. Trip announcer will let you know when the next stop is coming up and when you’re about to reach your destination.
Accessing trip announcer
- Go to 'Favourites', select your Favourite Stop. Click on your service to access the Trip screen. Select the person icon in the top right-hand corner of the map to enable Trip announcer
- Go to 'Favourites', select your Favourite Service. From the Timetable filter you can select the trip you want to use. On the Trip screen click the person icon in the top right-hand corner of the map to enable Trip announcer.
- Go to 'More', select 'Active Alerts', see which service and stops have alerts enabled.
Your mobile phone provider may apply data download charges. Contact them to check your data usage costs.
TransLink abides by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) when managing personal information.
The MyTransLink app will save your Favourite Stops, Services and Destinations on your device. Your personal information will only be collected if you provide it with your feedback or enquiry.
Your personal information may be accessible by authorised officers and contractors of TransLink. TransLink will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent unless required or authorised by law.
Like many apps, MyTransLink uses your phone's GPS or location services. Continued GPS usage, even while running in the background, can decrease your battery.
You might get a registration error message when you first use the app. In order for MyTransLink to provide up-to-the-minute information and send push notifications, the time on your device should be set automatically. To set your time automatically refer to your devices help guide.
If your location is not enabled, you may experience limited funcationality within the app. To change, go to your phone settings and enable location services.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.