From Monday 10 September until Saturday 10 November, the Anzac Square pedestrian tunnel will be closed as part of Brisbane City Council's Anzac Square Restoration and Enhancement project.
If you usually use this tunnel to access Central station, please use the alternative walkways either side of Anzac Square or find a different route.
The Anzac Square Restoration and Enhancement Project will provide a number of benefits, including:
- improved accessibility to and through Anzac Square with enhanced pathways and a lift
- new plants and landscaping, with some unhealthy plants to be replaced
- new commemorative screens along the walkways
- new entrance to the WWI memorial through Anzac Square
- improved signage
- new LED lights in the existing heritage light poles
- improved seating and paved areas
- fitting-out of the area which currently houses the post-WWII memorials for future exhibitions and events
- interactive technology to allow visitors to learn more about the State's war memorials.
To find out more, visit the Brisbane City Council website.