In the weeks leading up to the Commonwealth Games, the Queen's Baton Relay will travel around Queensland carrying the Queen's message.
The Relay is a Games tradition that celebrates the Commonwealth’s diversity, inspires community pride and excites people about the world-class festival of sports and culture to come.
Impacts to public transport
From 3 March to 4 April 2018 there will be temporary disruptions to local bus services across Queensland due to the Queen's Baton Relay.
We are working closely with the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games organising committee and our transport partners to minimise disruptions.
TransLink services (South East Queensland, Cairns, Mackay and Toowoomba)
- Thursday 15 to Saturday 17 March - Cairns
- Tuesday 20 March - Mackay
- Monday 26 March - Noosa - coming soon
- Tuesday 27 March - Sunshine Coast region - coming soon
- Wednesday 28 March - Toowoomba
- Thursday 29 March - Gatton
- Thursday 29 March - Ipswich - coming soon
- Friday 30 March - Brisbane and Moreton Bay region
- Saturday 31 March - Brisbane
- Sunday 1 April - Logan - coming soon
- Monday 2 to Wednesday 4 April - Gold Coast - coming soon
Regional qconnect services
Visit the Get Set for the Games website in early 2018 for information on service impacts.
School bus services
Please contact your school bus operator for Queen's Baton Relay service impacts.
For more information about the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games and the Queen's Baton Relay: