The Translink Access Pass is a travel pass for people with a permanent physical or intellectual disability who can:

  • travel independently on Translink services, and
  • demonstrate that due to their disability they are unable to independently use a go card.

Passholders receive unlimited travel on all South East Queensland Translink bus, train, ferry and tram services (except Airtrain).

You are required to carry the card with you all at times when travelling, as you may be asked by a driver or authorised person to show your card.

There is no need to tap on and off like a go card.

Who can apply

To be eligible for a Translink Access Pass you must ensure that you:

  • are a permanent Queensland resident
  • have a significant permanent physical or intellectual disability
  • can travel independently
  • have been assessed by a qualified health care professional as being unable to touch on or touch off with a go card.

If you have a vision impairment, please apply for the Vision Impairment Travel Pass instead.

Apply for a pass

You will need to:

  1. Fill out an application form and print it out:
  2. Ask your health care professional to fill in and sign part of the application form.
  3. Post your application form and passport photo to:

    Translink Access Pass
    Locked Bag 1414
    Dandenong South VIC 3164
  4. Allow 15 days for your application to be processed. If you haven't received your pass within this time, please call our card supplier ABcorp 1800 336 678 or email

Renewing your pass

The Translink Access Pass is valid for five years, and the expiry date is printed on the card.

To renew your pass please complete a new Translink Access Pass application form (PDF, 1.2MB) including a new medical assessment and new passport photo.

Replace a lost, stolen or damaged pass

If you need to replace your card because it has been lost, stolen or damaged, you will need to fill out a replacement form and statutory declaration.

Related links