The Translink Access Pass is a travel pass for people with a permanent physical or intellectual disability who can:
- travel independently on Translink services, and
- demonstrate that due to their disability they are unable to independently use a go card.
Passholders receive unlimited travel on all South East Queensland Translink bus, train, ferry and tram services (except Airtrain).
You are required to carry the card with you all at times when travelling, as you may be asked by a driver or authorised person to show your card.
There is no need to tap on and off like a go card.
Who can apply
To be eligible for a Translink Access Pass you must ensure that you:
- are a permanent Queensland resident
- have a significant permanent physical or intellectual disability
- can travel independently
- have been assessed by a qualified health care professional as being unable to touch on or touch off with a go card.
If you have a vision impairment, please apply for the Vision Impairment Travel Pass instead.
Apply for a pass
You will need to:
- fill out an application form:
- ask your health care professional to fill in and sign part of the application
- post your application and photo to:
Translink Access Pass
Locked Bag 1414
Dandenong South VIC 3175
Renewing your pass
The Translink Access Pass is valid for five years, and the expiry date is printed on the card.
To renew your pass please complete the Translink Access Pass information and application form (PDF, 4.6MB) including a new medical assessment and new passport photo.
Replace a lost, stolen or damaged pass
If you need to replace your card because it has been lost, stolen or damaged, you will need to fill out a replacement form and statutory declaration.