The TransLink Access Pass is a travel pass for people with a permanent or intellectual disability who can:
- travel independantly on TransLink services, and
- demonstrate that due to their disability they are unable to independently use a go card.
This pass provides users with unlimited travel on all South East Queensland TransLink bus, train, ferry and tram services (except Airtrain).
You are required to carry the card with you all at times when travelling, as you may be asked by a driver or authorised person to show your card.
There is no need to touch on and off like a go card.
Important changes from 1 August 2018
Please note we've made some changes to TransLink Access Passes issued after 1 August 2018 to:
- remove all fees (including application and renewal fees)
- extend the validity period of all cards to five years
- remove the requirement for pass holders to renew their cards annually.
If you have an existing TransLink Access Pass please continue to use your pass as normal, until the expiry date printed on the card.
Who can apply
You are eligible for a TransLink Access Pass if you meet all these conditions:
- are a permanent Queensland resident
- have a significant permanent physical or intellectual disability
- can travel independently
- have been assessed by a qualified health care professional as being unable to touch on or touch off with a go card.
If you have a vision impairment, please apply for the Vision Impairment Travel Pass instead.
Apply for a pass
To apply, simply:
fill out an application form:
ask your health care professional to fill in and sign part of the application
post your application and photo to:
TransLink Access Pass
TransLink GPO Box 50
Brisbane Qld 4000
Renewing your pass
The TransLink Access Pass is valid for five years, and the expiry date is printed on the card.
To renew your pass please complete the TransLink Access Pass information and application form (PDF, 4.6MB) including a new medical assessment and new passport photo.
Replace a lost, stolen or damaged pass
If you need to replace your card because it has been lost, stolen or damaged, you will need to fill out a replacement form and statutory declaration.