When was the last time you were assaulted at work? Spat on? Abused? Had things thrown at you?
These are just some of the acts of physical and verbal aggression directed towards bus drivers who should be able to do their job without the threat of violence.
Bus drivers are people, just like you. They deserve to feel safe at work.
They deserve our respect.
The five-point plan
How we're helping keep bus drivers safe
The Queensland Government is implementing a five-point plan to improve safety for bus drivers:
- Rolling out additional physical safety measures
- Changing policies and procedures to improve safety outcomes
- Educating and increasing awareness of bus safety issues
- Encouraging industry to share best practice
- Targeting high-risk areas and building a safety culture.