Our on demand service is a great travel option for convenient access to health providers, retail hubs, and the wider public transport network.
On demand transport offers:
- more flexibility for when and where you travel
- an increased roam zone area
- two dedicated vehicles
- access to seven key locations, including Toowoomba Hospital and Toowoomba Plaza.
Find out more by downloading our on demand brochure.
By pre-booking your on demand trip, you can travel:
- from anywhere in the roam zone to a key location, or
- from a key location to anywhere in the roam zone, or
- between two key locations.
The roam zone is an area you can be picked up and dropped off by on demand . If you're in the roam zone, on demand can pick you up near your door.
Key locations are community services around Toowoomba you can travel to using on demand.
Key location stops are all at existing bus stops and are located at:
- Grand Central
- St Vincent's Hospital
- Toowoomba bus station
- Range Shopping Centre
- High Street Shopping Centre
- Toowoomba Hospital
- Toowoomba Plaza
View the map to see where you can travel.
On demand operates between 7:30am to 5:45pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 1:45pm on Saturday.
On demand doesn't run on Sundays or public holidays.
To ride on demand, you'll need to pre-book your trip. You can do this by:
- using the Translink On Demand app
- calling us on 13 12 30
- using our online booking portal.
When you book, you'll be given a time window for when your service will arrive. The wait time will depend on how busy the service is and how many other customers have booked.
The Translink On Demand app allows you to easily:
- pre-book your on demand service using your smartphone
- track the arrival of your service with real-time notifications and an in-app map
- pre-book your trip up to four weeks in advance with recurring bookings.
Pre-booking your ride is essential to ensure you get picked up. This includes your return trip.
Fares are calculated on the number of zones you travel through on your journey.
On demand operates entirely within fare zone 1, so a single zone fare applies unless you're transferring.
Adult and concession tickets can be purchased on the service.
View your ticketing and fares.