1. The cardholder is deemed to have accepted these conditions of use when the go explore card is made active by TransLink.
2. The cardholder must comply with:
- the conditions of use
- all legislation relating to smart cards, including the Transport Operations
- (Passenger Transport) Act 1994: and, if the cardholder or authorised user fails to comply with the above, the cardholder indemnifies TransLink for all loss, damage, costs and expenses incurred by TransLink as a result of such failure.
3. The go explore card may be used for travel on TransLink bus and tram services on the Gold Coast and bus services on the Sunshine Coast, provided that:
- the service is equipped with an operational card reader
- the card is valid, and has not expired or been cancelled or blocked.
4. The go explore card must be touched to a card reader at the start and finish of travel on a TransLink service, to obtain a response from the card reader indicating the go explore card has been read successfully. The number of go explore cards used for each trip must equal the number of persons travelling.
5. The cardholder is liable for all fares, fees and charges incurred by the use of the go explore card by any person until the card has expired.
6. The go explore card remains the property of TransLink and the card must be produced for inspection or surrendered to TransLink upon request.
7. The go explore card is valid for 1 year from date of purchase.
8. TransLink may change these terms and conditions and related materials at its discretion. Updated terms and conditions will be published on the TransLink website translink.com.au, and available by calling 13 12 30. TransLink will use its best efforts to advertise changes to these terms and conditions before they commence.
9. Refunds are not permitted for the go explore card. In the event that the go explore card is faulty due to manufacturing defect, the customer should contact the TransLink call centre on 13 12 30 to determine if an alternative ticketing product is available.
10. A maximum of eight days travel (passes) can be loaded onto the card at anyone time.
11. The go explore card cannot be used for travel on Gold Coast Tourist Shuttle services or theme park shuttle services (hotel pick up) operated by Surfside Bus Lines, Sunshine Coast Hinterland Connect bus services, or Queensland Rail train services.