What is go explore?
- go explore is a travel card, similar to TransLink’s go card, that is ideal for visitors and tourists.
- go explore has been available since 2014 on the Gold Coast offering unlimited daily travel on TransLink's bus and tram services.
- go explore can be purchased and used across the Sunshine Coast for unlimited daily travel on TransLink’s Sunshine Coast bus services.
How does go explore work?
- Each day's travel pass is valid until 3am the next day.
- Reload up to 8 additional day passes on your card.
- You do not need to travel on consecutive days.
- Cards are valid for one year.
- Touch your card to the card reader on the tram platform or as you board and exit the bus.
Where can I use go explore?
- go explore can be used for travel on TransLink bus and tram services on the Gold Coast and TransLink bus services on the Sunshine Coast.
- You cannot use go explore to travel on qconnect Sunshine Coast Hinterland services, train services (Queensland Rail), or any TransLink bus or ferry services operated in Brisbane.
- Check out our Gold Coast (PDF, 363KB) and Sunshine Coast (PDF, 581KB) tourist maps for your travel options.
- Plan your journey and start exploring!
How much does go explore cost?
- $10 for adults per day.
- $5 for children (aged 5 – 14 years inclusive) per day.
- Children under 5 years travel free.
- You can load up to 8 one-day travel passes on your card.
Where can I buy go explore?
- selected retailers and hotel booking desks on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast
- Airtrain ticket office windows at Brisbane Domestic and International Airport
- Gold Coast Airport (The Hub Convenience Store)
- TransLink Info kiosks at Broadbeach South and Cavill Avenue tram stations
- TransLink webshop
In the coming months, TransLink will be working with retailers, tourist organisations and hotels to make go explore widely available on the Sunshine Coast.
How do I use go explore?
- Simply touch your go explore card flat to the card readers each time you board or exit your service. Card readers located on board buses and on tram platforms.
- Your go explore day pass is activated the first time you touch onto a bus or at a tram station for the day.
Validity and refunds?
- go explore card expires 1 year after the date of purchase.
- All pass reloads and travel must be completed before before the cards expires.
- Refunds are not available for the go explore card. However, if your card is not working correctly because it is damaged or faulty, please call TransLink on 13 12 30.
How can I become a go explore business partner?
Interested tourism or retail organisations and businesses should contact email@example.com for more information or to express their interest in becoming a go explore partner.