Translink is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for everyone on public transport.
This code of conduct applies to customers travelling anywhere on our network; either on a service or at any public transport stop or station. To help us ensure everyone has a safe and comfortable journey:
- Treat all public transport staff and other passengers with courtesy and respect. Verbal or physical aggression towards staff or other passengers will not be tolerated.
- Report any incidents of anti-social behaviour (including incidents of bullying, harassment, discrimination and vilification of any kind) to either a driver or public transport staff at the time the incident occurs.
- Please let everyone disembark the service before boarding.
- Be mindful of other passengers, such as people with disabilities, seniors, pregnant women or people with small children, and offer them your seat.
- If you're sitting in an area designated for the use of persons with disabilities or with reduced mobility, you will need to vacate your seat when such people board the service.
Any immediate threats of physical harm to people or property should be reported to Police on 000. Non-urgent matters can be reported to Policelink on 13 14 44.
Safe and efficient
- It is the customers' responsibility to ensure they have a valid ticket for the entirety of their journey. Have a go card, or valid paper ticket before boarding and ensure your ticket is valid for the entire length of your journey.
- If you're travelling on a concession fare, you need to have your proof of entitlement with you and be able to show staff when requested.
- If you're a student travelling on a concession fare, please let adults have your seat if the service is full.
- Keep doorways and walkways free from bags and other items, and please don't put your feet or bag on seats.
- Please don't talk to or distract the driver of a public transport service while you are travelling. Never interfere with controls or safety equipment as this could endanger the driver and other passengers.
- Please don't bring excessive luggage on board, or occupy more than one seat. Use the storage racks on the service if available.
Clean and comfortable
- Animals are not allowed on a public transport service, unless they are an approved guide, hearing, or assistance animal.
- Smoking and vaping is not allowed on public transport services or near public transport infrastructure such as bus stops or terminals. This includes electronic cigarettes.
- Food and drink is not allowed to be consumed on board services and please take any rubbish with you.
- Use earphones when listening to music or watching videos on a personal device, and keep the volume at a reasonable level. Please don't play musical instruments on a public transport service.
If you have an issue to report or if you see something on your public transport service that is not right, call us on 13 12 30 or complete our online feedback form.
Thank you for adhering to this code of conduct.