The Totally and Permanently Incapacitated/Extreme Disablement Adjustment Veteran Travel card (TPI/EDA Veteran Travel card) entitles eligible TPI/EDA ex-service men and women to unlimited free travel on approved public transport services.
The card is valid for ten years from the date of issue.
Who is eligible?
You must hold a Commonwealth Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Gold Card that is embossed TPI or EDA with the DVA file number beginning with the letter 'Q'.
Spouses, partners and dependants of TPI/EDA veterans may be eligible for concessional travel on Queensland Rail long distance rail services. Visit the Queensland Rail website for more information.
Apply for a card
- Download the TPI/EDA Veteran Travel card application and fill out the form.
- Post your application form and two photos (one of which must be certified) to:
TPI/EDA Veteran Travel card
Locked Bag 1414
Dandenong South VIC 3175
- Allow 20 business days to process your application. If you have any questions about your application’s progress, please call our card supplier, ABCorp on 1800 336 678.
Renew an expiring card
You will only need to renew your TPI/EDA card if it is close to expiry.
Before your card expires, we’ll send you a pre-filled renewal form to complete.
If you do not receive a renewal form, download the TPI/EDA Veteran Travel card renewal application form or call TransLink on 13 12 30.
Use your card
You just need to carry your card with you at all times while travelling in case you're asked to show it.
The TPI/EDA Veteran Travel Card can be used on the following services:
- Southern Moreton Bay Islands ferry (Russell Island, Macleay Island, Karragarra Island, Lamb Island to Redland Bay).
- TransLink bus, train, ferry and tram services excluding Airtrain
- qconnect urban bus services
- Palm Island to Townsville ferry
- Magnetic Island to Townsville ferry
- Seisia to Thursday Island ferry
- Coochiemudlo Island to Victoria Point ferry
- North Stradbroke Island ferry
TPI/EDA veterans are also entitled to one free return trip each fortnight on Queensland Rail long distance rail services. You will still need to make a booking by contacting Queensland Rail.
Replace a lost, stolen or damaged pass
If your TPI/EDA Veteran Travel card has been lost, stolen or damaged, please call the Department of Transport and Main Roads card supplier, ABCore, on 1800 336 678 or email email@example.com to request a replacement card.
More information and feedback
Read the TPI/EDA Veteran Travel card frequently asked questions (PDF, 247 KB) for more information.
For general enquiries or to provide comments about this card please call TransLink on 13 12 30 or submit an online feedback form.
For timetables and ticketing information on long distance rail, contact Queensland Rail on 1800 872 467.
If you have a hearing impairment, please see our other phone contact numbers.
Examples of TPI/EDA Veteran Travel Card