We've developed a 10-year plan for passenger transport in Queensland, called Creating Better Connections for Queenslanders (PDF, 20MB).
The plan identifies five key priorities and 20 initiatives for the next 10 years that will ensure passenger transport in Queensland remains:
- reliable, safe, and accessible
- contemporary and relevant to customers by taking advantage of emerging technologies and service models
- delivering the outcomes our community needs.
We considered feedback and ideas from our customers to help us develop the plan.
We also asked our stakeholders and delivery partners what they thought about Creating Better Connections for Queenslanders. Their feedback and suggestions helped refine the plan and identified partnership opportunities to deliver initiatives that meet our customers' and community's needs.
Five key priorities
- Reliable and safe: Services customers can depend on to get them where they need to go, when they need to be there.
- Responsive to changing community needs: Investing in the right services, at the right time and in the right location, to increase access to health, jobs and education.
- Seamless end to end journeys: Passenger transport options are personalised and are better integrated.
- Easy and accessible: Passenger transport is accessible to everyone and barriers to access are removed.
- Environmentally sustainable: More environmentally sustainable operations to help our customers make a difference.