We've developed a draft 10-year plan for passenger transport in Queensland, called Creating Better Connections for Queenslanders.
The draft plan identifies five key priorities and 20 initiatives for the next 10 years that will ensure passenger transport in Queensland remains:
- reliable, safe, and accessible
- contemporary and relevant to customers by taking advantage of emerging technologies and service models
- delivering the outcomes our community needs.
We considered our customers' feedback and ideas to help us develop the plan. Now it’s time for industry stakeholders and delivery partners to tell us what they think. Does the plan align with their priorities? How we can all work together to deliver the initiatives and improve outcomes for customers and our communities?
Following a six-week engagement period, we’ll consider all ideas and feedback, then finalise the plan. Submissions close on 17 September 2021.
Like to know more? Contact us at CBCengagement@tmr.qld.gov.au or on 13 12 30.
Five key priorities
- Reliable and safe: Services customers can depend on to get them where they need to go, when they need to be there.
- Responsive to changing community needs: Investing in the right services, at the right time and in the right location, to increase access to health, jobs and education.
- Seamless end to end journeys: Passenger transport options are personalised and are better integrated.
- Easy and accessible: Passenger transport is accessible to everyone and barriers to access are removed.
- Environmentally sustainable: More environmentally sustainable operations to help our customers make a difference.