Public transport in Noosa
We know parking can be a real hassle around Noosa, especially in the Hastings St area.
It doesn't have to be every trip, but catching the bus is a great alternative to taking the car out.
We want to help you change some car trips to bus trips, so you can stress less about parking and find more time to relax.
There are several services available that get you to and from local destinations, with buses every 15 minutes between Tewantin and Noosa Heads from 7am to 6pm daily.
Why do you catch the bus?
There are so many reasons! Read Jill, Michael, and Emily's stories below to discover why they catch the bus.
Have you got the MyTranslink app yet?
When you download the MyTranslink app, you can:
- save your local stops and routes as favourites
- see exactly when your bus is coming with real-time
- use the journey planner to find your best travel option and avoid parking.
These great features make travelling on the bus a breeze:
- Stop alarm lets you know when you're close to your destination.
- Trip announcer gives you announcements for upcoming stops.
- Receive notifications and alerts when there are changes impacting your service.
For more information, visit the MyTranslink app page
Get on board!
Did you know you can save 30% on fares, by using go card instead of buying a paper ticket? There are several retailers you can purchase, as well as online. Find the best route and ticket type, plus where to buy and top up your go card.
- Noosa Fair News
Noosa Fair Shopping Cnetre, 3 Lanyana Way, Noosa Heads
- Noosa Junction Bus Interchange
Sunshine Beach Rd and Lanyana Way, Noosa Heads
- NewsXtra Noosaville
- Shop 2, 199 Gympie Terrace , Noosaville
- Noosa Village News
Shop 12, Noosa Village Shopping Centre, Gibson Road, Noosaville
- Night Owl Noosaville
140 Eumundi Noosa Road, Noosaville
- Tewantin Newsagency
107 Poinciana Avenue, Tewantin
For more places to buy, search our go card retailer locations
There are plenty of ticket types to suit your needs. Whether you're an everyday or infrequent public transport user, a retiree, student, or commuter, there's a ticket type for you (and one for everyone else too).
For more information, visit the ticket types page.
- Route 620 - Noosa Heads to Maroochydore via Peregian Beach
- Route 622 - Maroochydore to Noosa Junction via Airport and Coolum
- Route 626 - Tewantin to Sunrise Beach via Noosa Heads
- Route 627 - Tewantin to Sunshine Beach via Noosa Heads
- Route 628 - Noosa Parklands to Noosa Junction via Noosa Civic
- Route 629 - Tewantin to Noosa Junction via Noosa Civic
- Route 630 - Noosa to Nambour via Eumundi
- Route 631 - Noosa to Nambour via Cooroy and Eumundi
- Route 632 - Noosa to Cooran via Cooroy and Pomona
For more detailed information, please use journey planner.
Catching the bus has several benefits for you and the environment. It gets you more active, and reduces your carbon footprint!
- Public transport is at least twice as energy efficient as private cars.
- One full bus produces 377 times less carbon monoxide than a full car.
- One full bus can take more than 50 cars off the road.
- Public transport reduces the reliance on fossil fuel supplies, making public transport at least twice as energy efficient as private cars.
- Walking to and from public transport is a great way to incorporate some extra physical activity into your routine.
- Catching public transport may also improve your mental health. It's less stressful than driving, and you can read, listen to music or unwind on your daily commute.
- Catching public transport may be up to four times cheaper than travelling in your car. It can also reduce the cost of buying, maintaining and running additional vehicles.
For more information, visit our benefits of public transport page