On Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 October platform 1 at South Bank station will be closed all weekend for upgrade works.
During this time, trains travelling away from the CBD will not stop at South Bank station.
Trains heading towards the CBD will stop at platform 2/3 as normal.
If you are travelling to South Bank from the City, consider hopping off at South Brisbane station, if possible.
Alternatively, you can continue past South Bank to Park Road station, change to an city-bound train there and travel back to platform 2/3 at South Bank.
If you are travelling away from the City from South Bank, consider catching your service from South Brisbane station, if possible.
- a full-length raised platform
- new platform seating and shelters
- upgraded security cameras and lighting
- new wayfinding and platform signage.
Works on platform 1 will also occur on the following dates:
- Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 November
- Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 November
- Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 December
If you need assistance with station access look for station staff, call Queensland Rail on 13 16 17 or SMS 0428 774 636.
Visit the Queensland Rail project page for more information