Route 260 and 262 changes
We're combining routes 260 and 262 to run the 262 alignment giving a consistent all-day service in both directions.
The key changes to routes 260 and 262 include:
- timetable adjustments to improve service coverage and reliability and, together with route 280, will provide trips every 30 minutes along Gardner Road
- the addition of two new bus stops on Gardner Road near Interchange Place and one new stop on Gardner Road near Frangipani Street to meet growing customer demand
- additional trips servicing the residential areas of Capalaba and Alexandra Hills
- more services to local schools, including Alexandra Hills State High School, Coolnwynpin State School and St Luke's Catholic Parish School, and TAFE Queensland's Alexandra Hills campus
- increased reliability of trips between Capalaba shopping centre, Garden City and Griffith University station
- termination of the new route 262 from Capalaba at Griffith University station. If you want to travel to Griffith University Nathan campus or the QEII Hospital, you will need to transfer at Griffith University station or Upper Mt Gravatt station
- a new trip towards the city that will depart Capalaba at 6.27pm and terminate at Eight Mile Plains station.
Why we need to change the 260 and 262
Combining route 260 and 262 services to operate only as route 262, and terminating services at Griffith University station, allows for more of the Capalaba area to be serviced. It will also provide consistent trips in both directions and creates an even spacing of trips stopping along Gardner Road.
These changes will address customer feedback by:
- improving wait times between services on Gardner Road
- increasing access to public transport services by constructing additional stops along Gardner Road
- improving service reliability
- providing a consistent all-day service in both directions.
If you need to travel to Griffith University Nathan campus or QEII Hospital, there are lots of connecting buses to make transferring quick and easy.
- If you would like to travel to Griffith University Nathan campus, please transfer to route 134, 135 or 155 at Griffith University station.
- To travel to and from QEII Hospital, please transfer to route 120, 125, 598 or 599 at Upper Mt Gravatt station.
You can also use our service capacity tracker to see how many people are usually on the bus you intend to catch.