The newly upgraded Morayfield bus station is now open.
Bus services are now stopping at bus station platforms 1 and 2. The temporary stops A and B on Morayfield Road are now closed.
- If you're catching a bus to travel north, catch your bus from platform 1
- If you're heading south from Morayfield, catch your bus from platform 2.
Some local loop routes are different. For these services check the timetables at the bus station.
The upgraded station features
- Two new bus bays with space for six buses.
- A modern, high-quality facility with comfortable seating and a sheltered waiting area.
- Convenient and safe pedestrian access to Morayfield Shopping Centre and the surrounding business district.
There are no changes to bus timetables.
Bus stop ID changes
On Monday 13 September, the bus stop IDs for Morayfield bus station changed due to the upgrade.
If you have any of the following stops as 'favourites' in the MyTransLink app or saved as a bookmark in your web browser, you will need to remove and re-add them.
What are stop IDs?
Stop IDs are the unique identifying number assigned to each bus stop, ferry terminal and train station across our network.
These numbers are used by our journey planner and real-time systems.
New stop IDs
|Stop title||New stop ID|
|Morayfield station, platform 1||321172|
|Morayfield station, platform 2||321173|
|Morayfield station, platform 1 (regional services only)||740169|
MyTransLink app instructions
To re-add you 'favourite' stop in our app:
- Open the MyTransLink app
- Go to the 'favourites' menu
- Press the '+' in the top right corner
- Select 'add stop'
- Type in the stop location or Stop ID
- Select the new stop
Once you have added your new stop, you can find the 'old' stop in your favourites list and remove it.
If you're still not sure and need some help using the MyTransLink app or planning your journey, give us a call on 13 12 30.