From Monday 20 September, several bus routes will no longer stop at Creek Street stop 149A due to Brisbane Metro CBD construction works and related traffic impacts.
Affected routes will instead use Ann Street stop 7 which is about 210-260 metres away, or around a three-minute walk, depending on your direction of travel.
This change will help reduce congestion in the area and improve the safety and reliability of bus services.
Affected bus routes
- 243 Capalaba to Brisbane City Express
- 251 Ormiston to Brisbane City via Alexandra Hills Express
- 261 Mackenzie to Brisbane City
- 265 Sheldon to Brisbane City Express
- 267 Alexandra Hills to Brisbane City Express
- 273 Cleveland to Brisbane City via Redland Bay Rd Express
- 275 Thornlands to Brisbane City via Cleveland and Capalaba Express
- 276 Victoria Point to Brisbane City via Point Halloran and Eight Mile Plains Express
- 279 Victoria Point Jetty to Brisbane City via Eight Mile Plains Express
- 281 Point Talburpin to Brisbane City via Upper Mount Gravatt Express
- 299 Rochedale to Brisbane City
What is the Brisbane Metro?
The Brisbane Metro project will deliver improvements to services and infrastructure along the South East Busway, including higher frequency services and station updates and upgrades. The Metro is expected to be operational from late 2024.
Visit the Brisbane City Council website for more information about the Brisbane Metro project.