There are a few things you need to know about travelling to school by public transport in Queensland.
- The School Service Finder will help you find a journey in South East Queensland
- Search options are different for students outside South East Queensland
- Make sure you have the correct ticket
- Stay safe when travelling
Safety for students
Safety and comfort of all passengers are important to us. We recommend parents and students both read the tips and code of conduct below, and have a conversation about travelling safely.
If your child has a smartphone, you can download the MyTransLink app. It’s free, and once set up, you can add favourite stops and services and access real-time information.
If a service has not stopped for your child, they are still on the network and you know their current location, call us on 13 12 30 to make a report and we will investigate urgently.
If your child is still on the network and you are concerned for their safety, please contact the police in the first instance.
We thoroughly investigate all reports where a child has missed their service. We'll need to know:
- date of the incident
- age of your child
- route your child was waiting for
- where your child was waiting for the service
- where your child was going
- best contact number for the child's parent/guardian/teacher.
If your child is no longer on the network or has changed their travel plans, please call 13 12 30 to report the incident and we will conduct an investigation.
School travel outside South East Queensland
For students living in Cairns, Mackay, Toowoomba, or Townsville use the Journey Planner to search regular urban TransLink services, or for information about dedicated school services, contact your local operator.