Public transport is a convenient and cost effective way to travel. Understanding the discounts available to you will help you to maximise your savings.
There are many ways a go card will save you money:
- go card is at least 30 per cent cheaper than a single paper ticket.
- Travel in off-peak and save a further 20 per cent. Travel between 8.30am and 3.30pm, after 7pm on weekdays and all day on weekends and on public holidays to receive an additional 20 per cent saving off your go card fare.
- Make 8 journeys then travel for half price. Travel for half price after your 8th paid journey in a 7 day period, from Monday to Sunday, regardless of the zones travelled.
- One, Two, Free for seniors and pensioners. Seniors Card +go, senior go card or green pensioner concession go card holders who use go card for 2 paid journeys (not trips) in 1 day travel free for the rest of the day. Note: If your third trip of the day starts less than 60 minutes after you finish your second trip and is in the same direction as your second trip, the third trip is part of the same single journey as the first two trips.
- Children aged between 5 and 14 years travel free on the weekend when they touch on and off with an orange child go card. There must be money on the card (in addition to the card deposit), even when travelling free on the weekend.
Concession fares are 50% cheaper than adult fares and apply to children, students, pensioners, seniors and defence force veterans.
Children under 5 travel free.
More about concession fares and eligibility.
Free event travel
You can travel free with TransLink to selected events*.
Check the event transport calendar to find out if a scheduled event has free travel, or contact the event coordinator direct. In some cases, combined entry/travel tickets may be available from attended Queensland Rail stations; otherwise simply present your eligible event ticket to public transport staff when requested.
* Travel free applies only to events at Metricon Stadium, Suncorp Stadium, The Gabba, Skilled Park, the Tennyson Tennis Centre, the Queensland Sports and Athletic Centre and the Gold Coast motor events.