If you regularly catch these routes, we recommend allowing extra travel time until after the completion and commissioning of the upgrade.
Gateway Upgrade North project
The Gateway Upgrade North project will upgrade and improve safety on the Gateway Motorway between Nudgee and Deagon.
- upgrading the motorway to six lanes resulting in improved travel time reliability
- construction of wider shoulders
- extensions to on and off-ramps
- installation of new safety barriers
- separation of local traffic from motorway traffic to reduce weaving and rat-running
- intelligent transport systems, including variable message signs, traffic monitoring cameras and ramp metering
- improved motorway alignment and signage.
We will continue to monitor public transport impacts through to the project's completion.