You can use your go card, SEEQ card or single one-way paper ticket to travel on all TransLink buses, trains, ferries and trams in South East Queensland.
Use go card or SEEQ card
If you're using a combination of buses, trains, ferries or trams, touch on and off at each trip.
If you change from one train to another train without leaving the station there is no need to touch off and then back on again. Simply touch off when you arrive at your destination.
go card transfer rules*
- You can transfer up to 3 times across all zones.
- You have 6 hours to complete your journey.
- The final trip of the journey must start within 3.5 hours of when you started the first trip.
- There is a 1 hour time limit between transfers.
Using a paper ticket
At the start of each trip on your journey, show your ticket to the bus driver, train station master (if one is available), customer service officer or ferry master.
Paper ticket transfer rules
- You can transfer as many times as you like.
- You must start the final trip before the expiry time printed on the ticket.
- If you are travelling within 1-10 zones you have 2 hours to complete your journey as long as you start the last trip before the end of the 2 hours.
- If you are travelling within 11 zones or more you have 3.5 hours to complete your journey, as long as you start the last trip before the end of the 3.5 hours.
- Return journeys are not permitted when using a single paper ticket.
*go card transfer rules do not apply to transferring between services using SEEQ card.