TransLink's late night bus, train and tram services will help you get home after a Friday or Saturday night out.
Use our journey planner to see which services operate and when, and where to catch them from.
Occasionally we put on extra services for special events. Check our events calendar for details about these.
NightLink: weekend late night services
NightLink services operate between midnight and 5am on Friday and Saturday nights in Brisbane.
Outbound NightLink buses depart from Fortitude Valley and Brisbane City.
All NightLink buses will drop you off at anywhere along their route< (provided it's safe for the driver to stop).
For passengers departing from Fortitude Valley station, please note the station is only accessible between 3.15am and 4am.
|Fortitude Valley (platform 3)||3.45am|
|Fortitude Valley (platform 4)||3.48am|
|Fortitude Valley (platform 3)||3.54am|
Regular late night services
A number of regular TransLink services operate extended hours on weekends. Check timetables for specific times:
- Route 600 Caloundra to Maroochydore via Mooloolaba
Last train services
The times below are the standard last train services departing Central station. They don't include:
- connecting services - use the journey planner to find your connecting service.
- additional trains for special events - check our events calendar for more information.
|Train line||Departs Central station|
|Monday to Thursday||Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
* NightLink services operate on this line.
FlatFare taxis operate late Friday and Saturday nights from specified taxi ranks in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Passengers can pay a flat fare rate to share the ride home with people going in the same direction. FlatFare taxis are cheaper than a standard taxi service and cannot be pre-booked.
To minimise delays, passengers are required to pay at the beginning of the journey. Credit card and EFTPOS payments are not accepted.
- Ann Street, Fortitude Valley (right side of Ann Street, outside X&Y nightclub)
- Eagle Street, City (at the head of the Eagle St secure rank)
- Warner Street, Fortitude Valley (approaching Wickham Street).
- South side of Cavill Avenue, Surfers Paradise, opposite Fiddlers Green.
Secure taxi ranks
Secure taxi ranks operate in popular nightlife precincts on Friday and Saturday nights, and for some special events. They are staffed by taxi rank marshals and security guards, and monitored by CCTV.
Brisbane secure taxi ranks are operated by the Taxi Council of Queensland, in conjunction with the Department of Transport and Main Roads, Black & White Cabs and Yellow Cabs.
- Brisbane City on Friday and Saturday nights
- Eagle Street rank (outside Friday's Nightclub). This is also a NightLink FlatFare taxi rank
- Elizabeth Street rank (opposite the Myer Centre, corner of Elizabeth and Albert Streets)
- Treasury rank (opposite the Treasury Casino, approaching Queen Street Mall)
- Edward Street rank (between Elizabeth and Charlotte Streets)
- Fortitude Valley on Friday and Saturday nights
- Wickham Street rank (outside McWhirters)
- Ann Street rank (right side of Ann Street, outside X&Y nightclub). This is also a NightLink FlatFare taxi rank
- Warner Street (outside McWhirters approaching Wickham Street). This is also a NightLink FlatFare taxi rank
- Fortitude Valley on Saturday nights only — midnight to 5am
- Brunswick Street North rank (approaching corner of Wickham Street). This is also a NightLink taxi rank
- Brunswick Street South rank (outside the Empire Hotel)
- Caxton Street on Friday night (11pm–3am) and Saturday night (11pm–4am)
- Caxton Street rank (outside the Caxton Hotel).
The regional secure taxi ranks are operated by taxi companies in regional centres supported by the Department of Transport and Main Roads:
- Gold Coast:
- Surfers Paradise (Cavill Avenue outside Fiddlers Green)
- Surfers Paradise (Cavill Avenue opposite Fiddlers Green)
- Surfers Paradise (Orchid Avenue near Elkhorn Avenue)
- Broadbeach (Surf Parade at Victoria Park)
- Coolangatta (Marine Parade outside The Strand)
- Sunshine Coast:
- Caloundra (Minchinton Street approaching Bulcock Street)
- Mooloolaba (outside Oceans on the Esplanade)
- Noosa (outside car park between Noosa Parade and Hastings Street)
- Lake Street (outside the Ergon Building)
- Flinders Street East (outside the disused Sunferries terminal)
- Wood Street (approaching Victoria Street)
- Denham Street (left side of Denham Street, when going south away from the mall)
- Brisbane Street (outside the 24 hour McDonalds)
- Margaret Street (outside Fibber Magee)