Before you travel
- Plan your journey
- Check your go card balance
- Get there a few minutes early
Boarding your service
- Give way to existing passengers
- Touch your go card to the card reader
- on train or tram platform
- on board bus and ferry
- Travelling without a go card? Purchase a paper ticket
- at train, tram and busway station platforms
- when boarding your bus and ferry with correct change
Travelling on your service
- After boarding, find a seat away from the doors. This allows faster boarding of other travellers
- If no seats are available, hold onto a fitted safety handle or barrier
- Always offer your seat to passengers with special needs, such as people with a disability, seniors, pregnant women or parents travelling with small children
- For buses, ring the "stop" bell at least 100 meters before your destination. If you're unsure where you should get off, ask your driver when boarding
- Touch off with your go card when exiting the service or station.
Transferring to another service
You can make a journey by combining two or more shorter trips if you follow the transfer rules.
- Using a go card
- Touch on and off for each trip. Our system will automatically combine your trips into a single fare.
Please note: train-to-train transfers only need to be touched off at the end of the journey.
go card transfer rules
- 1 hour time limit between transfers
- maximum of 3 transfers per journey
- total journey length must be shorter than 6 hours
- final trip must start within 3.5 hours of first trip
Paper ticket transfer rules
- Unlimited transfers
- Must start final trip before the printed expiry time
- If travelling 10 zones or less you have 2 hours to complete your journey
- If travelling more than 10 zones, you have 3.5 hours to complete your journey
- Returning to your initial departure destination is not permitted.