Public transport is a convenient and cost effective way to travel around South East Queensland. Understanding the discounts available to you for travel on public transport will help you to maximise your savings.
There are many ways a go card will save you money:
- go card is at least 30 per cent cheaper than a single paper ticket.
- Travel in off-peak and save a further 20 per cent. Travel between 8.30am and 3.30pm, after 7pm on weekdays and all day on weekends and on public holidays to receive an additional 20 per cent saving off your go card fare.
- Make 9 journeys then travel free. Travel for free after your 9th paid journey in a 7 day period, from Monday to Sunday, regardless of the zones travelled.
- One, Two, Free for seniors and pensioners. Seniors Card +go, senior go card or green pensioner concession go card holders who use go card for 2 paid journeys in 1 day travel free for the rest of the day.
Concession fares are 50% cheaper than adult fares and apply to children, students, pensioners, seniors and defence force veterans.
Children under 5 travel free.
More about concession fares and eligibility.
Free event travel
You can travel free with TransLink to selected events*.
Check the event transport calendar to find out if a scheduled event has free travel, or contact the event coordinator direct. In some cases, combined entry/travel tickets may be available from attended Queensland Rail stations; otherwise simply present your eligible event ticket to public transport staff when requested.
* Travel free applies only to events at Metricon Stadium, Suncorp Stadium, The Gabba, Skilled Park, the Tennyson Tennis Centre, the Queensland Sports and Athletic Centre and the Gold Coast motor events.