Taxis operate across South East Queensland and in larger Queensland towns.
You can book taxis in advance, hail one on the street or pick one up from a designated taxi rank.
Call 133 222 or 131 008 for taxis in Airlie Beach, Brisbane, Caboolture, Cairns, Gladstone, Gold Coast, Logan, Mackay, Mission Beach, Port Douglas, Proserpine, Redcliffe, Sarina, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba and Townsville.
Call 13 19 24 for taxis in Brisbane, Beaudesert, Caboolture, Ipswich, Logan, Redcliffe, Toowoomba, Warwick, Bundaberg, Rockhampton, Yeppoon, Tully and Magnetic Island.
Taxi fares are determined by the area in which the taxi operates. These areas are South East Queensland, regional Queensland and exempted Queensland.
Taxi fares, service areas and maps are available on the Department of Transport and Main Roads website.
Taxi Subsidy Scheme
The Taxi Subsidy Scheme (TSS) provides an affordable and accessible transport option for people with a disability who experience profound difficulties using other modes of public passenger transport.
Late night taxi services
FlatFare taxis operate late Friday and Saturday nights from specified taxi ranks in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Secure taxi ranks
Secure taxi ranks operate in popular nightlife precincts on Friday and Saturday nights, and for some special events. They are staffed by taxi rank marshals and security guards, and monitored by CCTV.
Your rights and responsibilities
As a passenger, you are entitled to:
- choose the route to your destination
- request a fare estimate
- be charged the correct fare and receive the correct change
- not be charged a booking fee if you hail a taxi or enter a taxi waiting at a rank
- travel in a vehicle that adequately provides for your safety and comfort
- request an itemised receipt
- request assistance to board or leave a taxi
- request assistance to load and unload luggage (not excessive in weight)
- be accompanied by an assistance animal if required in a taxi
- use an accessible taxi if needed
- no changes to the existing framework for Wheelchair Accessible Taxis (WAT) passengers.
As a passenger, you are required to:
- pay the correct fare (including any tolls or fees for booking, vehicle access and soiling)
- wear a seatbelt and make sure children are properly restrained
- behave well and not cause disturbance or nuisance while travelling
- not eat, drink or smoke inside the taxi
- not wilfully or unlawfully damage, deface or interfere with the taxi or its service equipment
- not ask the driver to speed or break any road rules or laws.
Please contact the relevant taxi company if you have any complaints about their service.
If you are unsatisfied with their response, contact the taxi hotline for further review.