Demand Responsive Transport (DRT) is a flexible shared transport option for Logan, designed to bring together people who live near one another and want to travel at the same time in places or at times when buses and trains aren't available.
With DRT you can pre-book a vehicle to pick you up near your home and take you to selected local shopping and community facilities and transport hubs such as your local bus or train station.
How does it work?
DRT is simple:
- You register and book your trip in advance by downloading the MyDRTLogan app, booking online or calling 13 11 90
- We find other people in your area who want to travel at around the same time
- We pick you all up near your homes
- You pay a standard low fare no matter how far you travel
- We drop you all off at your chosen destination, in time to catch your bus or train or make your appointment.
By matching vehicles and travel timetables with actual demand, DRT offers a more efficient way to provide transport for people living in areas that may be lacking public transport services.
Where can I use DRT?
We are trialling DRT in three separate areas in Logan (see map).
North eastern trial site
- Rochedale South and Underwood
South eastern trial site
- Eagleby, Carbrook, Cornubia, Loganholme, Shailer Park and Tanah Merah
Western trial site
- Boronia Heights, Chambers Flat, Hillcrest, Logan Reserve, Munruben, Park Ridge and Park Ridge South
Where can I go with DRT?
You can use DRT to travel to your local bus and train stations, to connect with other TransLink services, and selected local facilities, such as shopping centres, medical centres and libraries (see full list of destinations).