The COVID-safe public transport plan (PDF, 2.2MB) outlines the measures in place to ensure the health and safety of customers and transport staff when travelling on public transport.
- Cashless payments – all South East Queensland services are only accepting pre-paid tickets, such as go card.
- No cash payments accepted at train station ticket windows (you can still use cash at a self-serve fare machine).
- Hand sanitiser available at key stations across the network.
- Rear door boarding on some buses. Most bus delivery partners in South East Queensland board via the front door, however Brisbane City Council, Surfside and Sunbus buses continue or have resumed to board via the rear door, unless you require assisted boarding via the front door.
More services and capacity to support social distancing
- We're extending selected additional bus and train services. Find out more.
- Larger vehicles on busier routes including six-car trains and bigger buses.
We've added more services to the SeaLink timetable (PDF) to support social distancing.
- Regular cleaning of vehicles and stations, including vacuuming, mopping and wiping, throughout the day
- Deep daily sanitisation of vehicles, including touch points and go card readers
- Regular disinfecting of station touch points including rails and push buttons throughout the day
- Additional cleaning staff and cleaning shifts
- Equipping drivers and staff with hand sanitiser and cleaning spray, as well as mandated handwashing for staff
- Checking of driver and visitor temperatures at transport and cleaning depots
- Hygiene signage and information on handwashing and other sanitisation on-board and at stations.
Reliable and affordable service
- All services have continued to run to schedule for those who needed to travel, despite a drop in patronage.
- No fare increase for 2021, providing certainty for customers as more people return to the network.