The COVID-safe public transport plan (PDF, 1.54MB) outlines the measures in place to ensure the health and safety of customers and transport staff when travelling on public transport.
- Cashless payments – all South East Queensland services are only accepting pre-paid tickets, such as go card.
- No cash payments accepted at train station ticket windows (you can still use cash at a self-serve fare machine).
- Hand sanitiser available at key stations across the network.
- The following bus companies are boarding via the rear door, unless you require assisted boarding via the front door:
- Brisbane City Council
- Clarks Logan City Buses
- Park Ridge Transit
- Westside Bus Company
- Mt Gravatt.
More services and capacity to support social distancing
- We put additional train and bus services on the network.
- Larger vehicles on busier routes including six-car trains and bigger buses.
- We've added more services to the SeaLink timetable to support social distancing.
- Regular cleaning of vehicles and stations, including vacuuming, mopping and wiping, throughout the day.
- Deep daily sanitisation of vehicles, including touch points and go card readers.
- Regular disinfecting of station touch points including rails and push buttons throughout the day.
- Additional cleaning staff and cleaning shifts.
- Equipping drivers and staff with hand sanitiser and cleaning spray, as well as mandated handwashing for staff.
- Checking of driver and visitor temperatures at transport and cleaning depots.
- Hygiene signage and information on handwashing and other sanitisation on-board and at stations.
Reliable and affordable service
- Most services have continued to run to schedule for those who needed to travel, despite a drop in patronage.