You can get a refund on any unused go card travel credit and deposit, minus any outstanding fares, fees and charges.
To receive a refund you must surrender your go card and it will be cancelled.
Refunds are given in Australian dollars only.
Cash or EFTPOS refund at a retailer or Queensland Rail ticket office if:
- your card balance is less than $50 (plus card deposit)
- your last top up was made at a retailer or a fare machine
- your card hasn't expired or it is has only expired within the last 90 days
Directly into your bank account by completing the go card guide to balance transfers and refunds form (PDF, 300KB).
You must use this option if:
- your go card expired more than 90 days ago
- you haven't used your card for more than 5 years (dormant card)
Refunds are made to an Australian bank account only. Funds may take up to 28 days to appear in your account.
You can also transfer the balance and deposit of your registered go card to another valid go card.