You can get a refund on any unused go card travel credit and deposit, minus any outstanding fares, fees and charges.
This also applies to cards belonging to deceased estates.
To receive a refund you must surrender your go card and it will be cancelled.
Refunds are provided in Australian dollars only.
Cash or EFTPOS refund at selected retailers or Queensland Rail ticket offices (South East Queensland only) if:
- your card balance is less than $50 (plus card deposit)
- your last top-up was made at a retailer or a fare machine
- your card hasn't expired or it has only expired within the last 90 days.
Directly into your bank account by completing the go card guide to balance transfers and refunds form (PDF, 300KB).
You must use this option if:
- your card balance is more than $50
- your go card expired more than 90 days ago
- you haven't used your card for more than 5 years (dormant card)
- you are seeking a refund for a deceased estate.
Refunds are made to an Australian bank account only. Funds may take up to 28 days to appear in your account.
You can also transfer the balance and deposit of your registered go card to another valid go card.