New SpeedyCat services
On Monday 24 September, the new SpeedyCat services will be introduced to the Brisbane River.
These new, peak-hour only CityCats provide express services for customers travelling from the outer reaches of the river to the CBD and The University of Queensland.
SpeedyCats will only service the following terminals (in both directions):
- UQ St Lucia
- West End
- Guyatt Park
- North Quay
- Apollo Road
- Northshore Hamilton.
SpeedyCats will be identified by 'SpeedyCat' on the on-board destination sign and yellow flag on the back of vessels. SpeedyCat services will also be highlighted a different colour in the handheld timetables, with 'SE' showing which stops services will run express past.
New CityCat and CityFerry timetables
There will also be changes to both the CityCat and CityFerry timetables on Monday 24 September. These changes will incorporate:
- the new SpeedyCat express peak-hour services
- the recent removal of the Kingsford Smith Drive river speed restriction
- the recent introduction of the Queen's Wharf Brisbane go-slow zone
- the reopening of the New Farm Park ferry terminal in late September.
While all CityFerry times will change, specific changes include:
- the CityHopper frequency will change from every 30 minutes to every 36 minutes
- the Holman Street-Eagle Street-Thornton Street ferry frequency will change from:
- every 10 minutes to every 12 minutes from approx. 6am until 7pm
- every 15 minutes to every 18 minutes after 7pm.
Make sure you plan your journey before you travel on 24 September, as your usual service may depart earlier or later.