When travelling on public transport, please remember to play your part and follow these steps.
1. Leave a gap
When travelling, leave a gap where possible by:
- standing away from others while at a stop or platform
- leaving space as you enter the vehicle and sitting away from other people
- waiting for a later service if required in busy periods.
2. Adjust your travel
Consider options to adjust your travel including:
- travelling outside peak times - we're extending selected additional bus and train services to help you stagger your travel
- walking or cycling between home and work or for part of your journey
- discussing options with your employer such as working from home more often, staggering your work days or your start and finish times. View our business toolkit for tips and internal resources.
3. Keep it clean
Follow Queensland Health's advice regarding good hand and respiratory hygiene, including:
- staying home if you are unwell
- cleaning hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs
- covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing
- consider wearing a face mask if you can't maintain social distancing.
Treat our staff and your fellow customers with respect - be safe, be cool, be kind - we're all in this together.