- Venue: South Bank Parklands
- Date and times:
Saturday 29 September 2018
Celebrate our city and catch public transport to Brisbane’s biggest fireworks event!
There'll be new additional shuttle bus services to and from the city, increased service levels for existing routes and a free trip home from 7.30pm to 9.30pm* to help you avoid the hassles of parking, traffic and road closures
Riverfire transport map
There are heaps of scheduled bus, train and ferry services that can get you to Riverfire.
Check journey planner so you can plan ahead!
Please note: CityCat and ferry services will not run during the fireworks display.
This year there'll be additional bus, train and ferry services across the network from 4pm.
Event shuttles will run every 8 minutes between 4pm to 7pm from:
- Eight Mile Plains (shuttle 999) - all busway stations from Eight Mile Plains to South Bank
- Carindale (shuttle 4) - all stops via Old Cleveland Rd and busway, then express from Gabba to Ann Street
- Chermside (shuttle 6) - all stops and busway stations from Chermside to Woolloongabba
Look out for the number on the bus's destination board - you'll be able to catch the same shuttle home again from wherever it drops you at Riverfire (from the opposite platform). All services are in journey planner so you can plan ahead!
There will be many additional high frequency services and shuttles that will get you home, but these ones won't be in journey planner.
Show up to the bus or train station you came from and board your service in the opposite direction, it's that easy!
Ticketing info (including free travel!)
Free travel will apply on your way home between 7.30pm and 9.30pm from these selected stations:
- train - South Bank, South Brisbane, Roma Street and Central stations
- bus - Woolloongabba, Mater hill, South Bank, South Brisbane, Cultural Centre, Roma Street, Queen Street and King George Square stations, and all Ann St stops
Free travel applies to Queensland Rail City Network services and TransLink operator bus services only.
Free travel does not apply to Airtrain, CityCat and ferry services.
We'll continue to update this page with more detail closer to the event - so make sure you visit us again, just before the event date.
For event information please see the Riverfire website.