The COVID-safe public transport plan (PDF, 2.2MB) outlines the measures in place to ensure the health and safety of customers and transport staff when travelling on public transport.
- Rear door boarding on buses unless you need to use the front door due to accessibility or other requirements.
- Cashless payments – all South East Queensland services are only accepting pre-paid tickets, such as go card.
- No cash payments accepted at train station ticket windows (you can still use cash at a self-serve fare machine).
- Hand sanitiser available at key stations across the network.
More services and capacity to support social distancing
- We're extending selected additional bus and train services. Find out more.
- Larger vehicles on busier routes including six-car trains and bigger buses.
- Regular cleaning of vehicles and stations, including vacuuming, mopping and wiping, throughout the day
- Deep daily sanitisation of vehicles, including touch points and go card readers
- Regular disinfecting of station touch points including rails and push buttons throughout the day
- Additional cleaning staff and cleaning shifts
- Equipping drivers and staff with hand sanitiser and cleaning spray, as well as mandated handwashing for staff
- Checking of driver and visitor temperatures at transport and cleaning depots
- Hygiene signage and information on handwashing and other sanitisation on-board and at stations.
Reliable and affordable service
- All services have continued to run to schedule for those who needed to travel, despite a drop in patronage.
- No fare increase for 2021, providing certainty for customers as more people return to the network.