On Monday 3 July 2017, the upgraded Redland Bay Marina bus station opened to the public.
Input from the community assisted in the final design of the station, to cater for current and future transport demands in the region.
The upgraded station is located off Banana Street in the Redland Bay Marina car park. Check our new station locality map (PDF,349KB) for details.
New features of the upgraded Redland Bay Marina station include:
- an upgraded bus station with capacity for three buses
- a landscaped public plaza and terrace area
- a dedicated sheltered passenger kiss ‘n ride area, with five additional bays
- sheltered, weather-proof waiting areas
- improved lighting and security cameras with 24-hour video recording
- seven new public toilets (three male, three female and one wheelchair accessible)
- go card purchase and top-up facilities
- bicycle storage racks
- two separate spaces available for retail activity; and
- two bus layover bays and driver facilities on Banana Street for bus drivers to take scheduled breaks.
Bus and ferry timetables
Bus and ferry timetables will remain the same when the station reopens on Monday 3 July.
Changes to stops and platforms
Your upgraded Redland Bay Marina station has two new bus platforms and two new ferry platforms. There were changes to bus and ferry stops and platforms on Monday 3 July.
Benefits of the new station
The new Redland Bay Marina will:
- cater for current and future demand for bus services in Redland Bay and other nearby areas
- improve the waiting environment for public transport customers who transfer between ferry and bus services
- provide high-quality passenger information to help inform your travel options
- improve safety and security for passengers including a designated pick-up and drop-off zone to prevent motorists stopping in bus bays
- provide layover facilities for bus services and drivers in Banana Street
- include retail spaces to activate the precinct and offer a great opportunity to establish new local businesses.