The Queen Street bus station is 29 years old, and in need of an upgrade to make it a better, brighter and more comfortable place for passengers and staff.
The Queen Street bus station upgrade will provide an improved station environment with a modern, brighter design, and upgraded features for people with a disability.
The tender for construction has been awarded to James Trowse Constuctions.
Upgrade works started on Friday 26 May 2017.
Benefits of the upgraded bus station
The Queen Street bus station upgrade will:
- improve the station and waiting environment for public transport users and visitors
- provide upgraded station accessibility features, which meet national disability standards.
Construction started on Friday 26 May 2017, with expected completion due in early 2018, construction conditions permitting.
During this time you can expect:
- bus stop closures
- bus services to be relocated to other stops within the station
- changes to station access from Queen Street Mall and The Myer Centre.
For further information on construction impacts, please contact 13 QGOV (13 74 68) during business hours or email email@example.com.
Bus stop changes during works
Buses will continue to run to a normal timetable.
Bus stop closures will be in place during the following times:
- Monday to Thursday from 9pm to 5am
- Friday 9pm through to 5am Monday
There will be signs at the station to direct you to your alternative stop.
|Stage and dates||Stops closed||Alternative stops|
|Stage 1 - complete||1a, 1b, 1c||1i|
|Stage 2 - Friday 4 August to Thursday 31 August||1c, 1d||1i|
|Stage 3 - from Friday 1 September||1e||1i|
Changes to station access
Access to the bus station from Queen Street Mall and The Myer Centre will change during upgrade works.
There will be signs at the station to inform you of changes to station access.