Mackay's bus network was launched on Monday 28 November 2016.
We worked with Mackay Transit Coaches to design your bus network.
To see how your feedback helped shape the bus network, download the 'A better bus network for Mackay' community consultation report (PDF, 1.1MB).
Bus network features
- 11 routes operating more often, with quicker travel times
- longer operating hours, with trips timed to better suit students and CBD workers
- a trial service to Mackay Airport for the first time
- more frequent trips to Caneland Central, Mount Pleasant Shopping Centre, the CQUniversity campuses and local medical services
- better coverage of the Northern Beaches, Glenella, Ooralea and Paget areas
- two return services per weekday to Marian and Mirani
- new bus stops with better bus service information.
Use the TransLink journey planner to plan your travel around Mackay.
- Route 300 - Base Hospital to Andergrove
- Route 301 - University (Ooralea) to Beaconsfield
- Route 302 - Caneland Central to East Mackay
- Route 303 - Caneland Central to Airport
- Route 304 - Caneland Central to Mackay Harbour
- Route 305 - Caneland Cetnral to Slade Point
- Route 306 - Caneland Central to Mount Pleasant
- Route 307 - Caneland Central to Blacks Beach
- Route 308 - Caneland Central to Shoal Point
- Route 309 - Caneland Central to Sarina
- Route 310 - Caneland Central to Mirani
Please note that real-time information is not currently available for Mackay bus services.