The Helensvale bus station has been upgraded and is now open!
The new station is a Queensland's first tri-model transport facility, connecting bus, train and tram services in the one location.
Artists impression of Helensvale bus station upgrade
Key benefits and features
The new bus interchange has been designed for improved customer safety and easier bus movements around the station.
The benefits include:
- improved pedestrian safety and access to Helensvale train station
- sheltered bus platforms
- upgraded bicycle facilities
- upgraded taxi and kiss ‘n’ ride facilities
- an upgraded park ‘n’ ride, including additional spaces for people with disabilities
- ease of connectivity between train, tram and bus services.
Stage 1 - now open
- Queensland's first three mode transport hub - train, bus and tram
- six new independent bus stops
- upgraded safety features - CCTV and lighting
- sheltered bus platforms and station walkways
- new bus layover bays and driver rest facilities
- new go card top-up and ticket machine
- upgraded park 'n' ride
- upgraded traffic intersection on Town Centre Drive
- reopening of Town Centre Drive stop
Stage 2 - now open
- upgraded taxi rank
- additional park 'n' ride spaces, including more accessible parking spots
- upgraded kiss 'n' ride passenger facility
- new bicycle storage facilities
- landscaping works
To find out how services have changed at Helensvale station, re-plan your journey.
For all other enquiries, call our contact centre 13 12 30, anytime.