We are upgrading Helensvale station to allow for better connections between bus, train and tram services, and allow for future growth.
Construction works will take place from June until early 2018. Your stop may change during this project, so please keep an eye out for signage at your station.
No timetables will change as a result of this upgrade.
Key benefits and features
The new interchange has been designed to make it easier for buses to get in and out, boost capacity and significantly improve pedestrian safety. The benefits will include:
- improved pedestrian safety and access to Helensvale train station
- sheltered bus platforms
- upgraded bicycle facilities
- upgraded taxi and kiss ‘n’ ride facilities
- an upgraded park ‘n’ ride, including additional spaces for people with disabilities
- ease of connectivity between train, tram and bus services.
Works have commenced on site, including:
- removal of the central, southern and northern pedestrian shade structures
- temporary relocation of bus stops A - F
- installation of underground services for the new western and northern shade structures
- widening of the bus lane and station exit
From Wednesday 18 October, you can expect to see the following construction activities during the day (6am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday):
- closure of carpark 3
- relocation of bus stops A, B and C to the temporary bus area on the northern side of the station
- temporary closure of Town Centre Drive bus stop
- installation of foundations for the southern shade structure and bus driver facility
- construction of the new northern and central shade structures
- installation of underground services for the new southern shade structures
Map of Helensvale station carpark closures
While these works are carried out, you may notice the following:
- noise associated with heavy trucks and machinery
- changed traffic and parking conditions
- temporary changes to bus stop locations, please keep an eye out for signage at your stop
- temporary changes to access paths.
Artists impression of Helensvale bus station upgrade
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.