Last updated: 4.37pm Tuesday 11 November 2014
Bulimba ferry terminal is currently closed for upgrade works. The terminal will be closed until late 2014.
While the upgrade is underway, the terminal won't be serviced by either CityCats or the Bulimba to Teneriffe cross river ferry.
Temporary route 237 loop service
Temporary route 237 is a dedicated shuttle bus that will run throughout the construction. Shuttle bus operating hours are below.
A loop service, route 237 will run between Gordon Street, Hawthorne to the corner of Apollo Road and Byron Street, Bulimba and will service all the same stops as routes 230 and 232. The full loop will take approximately 24 minutes.
Temporary route 237 will run to the following operating hours:
Monday to Friday
- Every 15 minutes between 6.13am and 8.28am
- Every 30 minutes from 4.35pm until the last CityCat of the day
- Route 237 will also run the full loop from Hawthorne to Apollo Road up until the last service, instead of only leaving on demand as previously communicated.
- Between 8.28am and 4.35pm, you will need to catch routes 230 or 232.
- Every 30 minutes from 6.35pm until the last CityCat of the day.
Sundays and public holidays
- No service
For specific departure times, check the 'Alternative transport flyer' on the Brisbane City Council Bulimba ferry terminal upgrade project page.
Hawthorne to Teneriffe cross river ferry
As a result of the closure, the Bulimba to Teneriffe cross river ferry will become a Hawthorne to Teneriffe service, to keep you connected to Teneriffe.
Bulimba ferry terminal upgrade works
- Dismantling and removing the existing pontoon, gangway and piles
- Installing 24 new piles
- Retaining the heritage listed waiting area and boat ramp
- Constructing a new waiting area, pontoon and gangway
- Upgrading the river end of Oxford Street (next to the terminal) to improve the drop off area.
Want more information?
The Bulimba ferry terminal project is being managed by Brisbane City Council:
- Phone the project information line: 1800 669 416 (or 3403 8888, after hours)
- Email the project team
- Visit the Brisbane City Council website and search for 'Bulimba ferry terminal'
- Write to the project team:
Bulimba ferry terminal upgrade
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001