Dining out, hitting the clubs, or enjoying a late movie? TransLink's late night services will get you home. How lovely!
Use our journey planner to find the nearest bus, train, ferry or tram to get you home safe and sound. Your safety is our priority.
Occasionally we put on extra services for special events. Check our events calendar for details about these.
NightLink - weekend late night services
We have special late night buses and trains called ‘NightLink’ that operate between midnight and 5am every Friday and Saturday night in Brisbane.
NightLink buses depart from Fortitude Valley and Brisbane City. Check your NightLink bus timetable to find your stop.
All NightLink buses will drop you off anywhere along their route (provided it's safe for the driver to stop).
Note: Access to Valley Metro/Fortitude Valley station is only available between 3.15am and 4am for NightLink train services.
|Fortitude Valley (platform 3)||3.45|
|Fortitude Valley (platform 4)||3.48|
Regular late night services
A number of regular TransLink services operate extended hours on weekends. Check timetables for specific times:
- G:link Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH) to Broadbeach
- Gold Coast rail line
- Route 700 Centro Tweed Shopping Centre to Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH)
- Gold Coast pocket pal (PDF, 357KB)
Route 700 - detailed information
From 12am to 5am, Monday to Friday, route 700 bus services extend past Broadbeach South station to Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH) as a special late night service.
Route 700 late night services travel along the Gold Coast Highway between Tweed Heads and GCUH, stopping near all G: tram stops north of Broadbeach South station.
If you’re heading north of Broadbeach South station you can get to and from Broadbeach, Surfers Paradise, Southport, Griffith University’s Gold Coast campus and GCUH.
If you’re heading south of Broadbeach South station you can get to and from Broadbeach, Mermaid Beach, Miami, Burleigh Heads, Palm Beach, Currumbin, Tugun, Bilinga, Coolangatta and Centro Tweed Shopping Centre.
- Route 600 Caloundra to Maroochydore via Mooloolaba
Last train services
The times below are the standard last train services departing Central station. They don't include:
- connecting services - use the journey planner to find your connecting service.
- additional trains for special events - check our events calendar for more information.
|Train line||Departs Central station|
|Monday to Thursday||Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
* NightLink services operate on this line.
FlatFare taxis operate late Friday and Saturday nights from specified taxi ranks in Brisbane and the Gold Coast, to help you get home quickly and safely after your night out.
Passengers can pay a flat fare rate to share the ride home with other people going in the same direction. FlatFare taxis are cheaper than a standard taxi service. FlatFare taxi services are 'share ride' and can’t be pre-booked.
Just go to a FlatFare rank and talk to the rank marshal to arrange your trip.
To minimise delays, passengers are required to pay cash directly to the driver at the beginning of the journey. Credit card or EFTPOS payments are not accepted.
FlatFare taxis are available from the following locations:
- Ann Street, Fortitude Valley (right side of Ann Street, outside X&Y nightclub)
- Eagle Street, City (at the head of the Eagle St secure rank)
- Warner Street, Fortitude Valley (approaching Wickham Street).
FlatFare taxis are available at Surfers Paradise on the south side of Cavill Avenue (opposite Fiddlers Green).
Secure taxi ranks
Secure taxi ranks operate in popular nightlife precincts on Friday and Saturday nights and for some special events. They are staffed by taxi rank marshals and security guards and monitored by CCTV.
Secure taxi ranks ensure:
- queues are free from inappropriate behaviour
- supply of taxis at the rank meets demand
- management of passengers and orderly organisation of share rides
- customers can ask about routes and fares.
Brisbane City locations
Brisbane secure taxi ranks are operated by the Taxi Council of Queensland, in conjunction with the Department of Transport and Main Roads, Black & White Cabs and Yellow Cabs.
- CBD - Friday and Saturday nights
- Eagle Street rank (outside Friday's Nightclub); also a NightLink FlatFare taxi rank
- Elizabeth Street rank (opposite the Myer Centre, corner of Elizabeth and Albert Streets)
- Treasury rank (opposite the Treasury Casino, approaching Queen Street Mall)
- Edward Street rank (between Elizabeth and Charlotte Streets)
- Fortitude Valley - Friday and Saturday nights
- Wickham Street rank (outside McWhirters)
- Ann Street rank (right side of Ann Street, outside X&Y nightclub); also a NightLink FlatFare taxi rank
- Warner Street (outside McWhirters, approaching Wickham Street); also a NightLink FlatFare taxi rank
- Fortitude Valley - Saturday nights only midnight to 5am
- Brunswick Street North rank (approaching corner of Wickham Street); also a NightLink taxi rank
- Brunswick Street South rank (outside the Empire Hotel)
- Caxton Street – Friday night 11pm to 3am and Saturday night 11pm to 4am
- Caxton Street rank (outside the Caxton Hotel)
The regional secure taxi ranks are operated by taxi companies in regional centres supported by the Department of Transport and Main Roads:
- Surfers Paradise (Cavill Avenue outside Fiddlers Green)
- Surfers Paradise (Cavill Avenue opposite Fiddlers Green)
- Surfers Paradise (Orchid Avenue near Elkhorn Avenue)
- Broadbeach (Surf Parade at Victoria Park)
- Coolangatta (Marine Parade outside The Strand)
- Caloundra (Minchinton Street approaching Bulcock Street)
- Mooloolaba (outside Oceans on the Esplanade)
- Noosa (outside car park between Noosa Parade and Hastings Street)
- Lake Street (outside the Ergon Building)
- Flinders Street East (outside the disused Sunferries terminal)
- Wood Street (approaching Victoria Street)
- Denham Street (left side of Denham Street, when going south away from the mall)
- Brisbane Street (outside the 24 hour McDonalds)
- Margaret Street (outside Fibber Magee)