Travelling with children
- Children should hold an adult's hand when boarding and exiting buses, trains or ferries.
- Children must not stand on seats or climb on rails or handle bars.
- Adults travelling with small children should be given priority seating on all TransLink services.
Prams and strollers
- You can travel on buses, trains, ferries and CityCats with the child in a pram or stroller.
- If you're travelling by bus, children can travel in a pram or stroller - see below for special conditions.
- Park your pram or stroller in the designated wheelchair space with its brake on.
- Ensure your child is secured in the pram or stroller harness.
- Due to workplace health and safety concerns TransLink staff are not required to assist in folding and loading prams and other large objects.
Special conditions when travelling by bus
When travelling on buses with prams and strollers you will need to fold your pram or stroller and store it in the luggage rack if:
- you are travelling during peak times
- the bus driver advises that there is not enough space on-board the bus to safely park the pram
- if it is not a wheelchair accessible bus
- the designated wheelchair space in already occupied or it is required throughout the trip.
At all other times you can travel with the child seated in the pram or stroller.
Special conditions apply if you want to take your bike on buses, trains and ferries.
- You can't take a bike on a bus unless you have a fold-up bike that can be carried in a bag no bigger than 80cm x 60cm x 36cm.
- You can take a bike on trains anytime on weekends and public holidays.
- You cannot travel with a bike on train services on Monday to Friday (except public holidays) between these times:
- 7am and 9.30am (travelling towards the city)
- 3pm and 6.30pm (travelling away from the city)
- You also can't travel with a bike if your train passes through Bowen Hills, Fortitude Valley, Central, Roma Street and South Brisbane stations between 7am and 9am and 3.30pm and 7pm.
- If you have a fold-up bike you can travel at anytime provided it fits in a carry bag no bigger than 80cm x 60cm x 36cm.
- You can take a bike on CityCats and ferries (subject to space availability).
Surfboards, golf bags or other large items
You can take surfboards, golf bags and other large items on TransLink services that are equipped to do so. You may be refused travel or directed to use off-peak services if you have items which may inconvenience other passengers or which may pose a safety hazard.
Long surfboards cannot be carried on smaller Sunbus (Sunshine Coast) or Surfside (Gold Coast) buses.