Students must carry valid concession identification to receive a concession fare.
Please note: Students are not eligible for concession fares on Airtrain services.
Secondary school students
Secondary students aged 15 years or older are eligible for a concession fare.
School students aged five to 14 years fall under the child concession category.
Some students may be eligible for the School Transport Assistance Scheme which provides school transport assistance.
Student identification must be an:
- approved Queensland student photo identification card, or
- wear an official Queensland school uniform.
The following students are not eligible for a concession:
- Students holding a home education unit student identification card
- Students holding an interstate secondary student identification card
- Students holding an international or overseas secondary student identification card.
Other full-time and tertiary students
To receive the concession fare, you must:
- Be enrolled in a full-time course at university, TAFE or other approved post-secondary institution in Queensland.
- The course must be eligible for Austudy, Abstudy or Youth Allowance (provided by Centrelink).
- The course is at a post-graduate level.
Students must hold a:
- current and valid photo identification card marked 'full-time' with the Queensland Rail logo or the Department of Transport and Main Roads public transport concession identifier, or
- a valid student photo identification and a Tertiary Transport Card which is issued to eligible Queensland students where the educational institution does not have the Queensland Rail logo or the Department of Transport and Main Roads public transport concession identifier, on its identification card.
Queensland Rail offer specially discounted passes for primary and secondary school students travelling to and from school.
School Rail Passes may cover single or return travel for either a semester or a whole year. School Rail Passes are only valid for travel on Queensland Rail services and are not valid for use on any other TransLink bus or ferry services.
Further information can be found at the Queensland Rail website.