From 1 July 2014, all tertiary/post-secondary students in Queensland are required to have the new Tertiary Transport Concession Card (TTCC) as proof of eligibility to purchase and travel on a concession go card or concession paper ticket.
A concession entitles the passenger to 50% off fares on approved public transport anywhere in Queensland. You must always have your TTCC and student identification card with you when you travel. The new TTCC does not replace your go card or paper ticket.
The new TTCC is valid for up to 12 months (or the length of the student's course, if less than 12 months).
To be eligible for a Tertiary Transport Concession Card you must meet all of the following criteria:
- reside in Queensland;
- be enrolled in and attending a course:
- at a university, TAFE or other post-secondary institution in Queensland (unless otherwise approved by the Department of Transport and Main Roads) that is registered with the department;
- that is approved by Centrelink for Austudy, Abstudy or Youth Allowance purposes, or studying at a post-graduate level;
- be a full time student enrolled on an internal basis. To be considered full time:
- a university student must be enrolled full time, as deemed by their university; or
- students attending an institution other than a university must be enrolled in a course of study requiring at least 12 hours per week of classes for a minimum course duration of 12 weeks.
The following customers are not eligible for a TTCC:
- interstate residents
- part-time students
- students undertaking all subjects externally, online or via correspondence
- students enrolled in a course that is not 'approved' by Centrelink for Austudy, Abstudy or Youth Allowance purposes.
Apply for a Tertiary Transport Concession Card
It's simple. All you need to do is:
- Download the Tertiary Transport Concession Card application form.
- Complete and sign the TTCC application form and have it authorised by your educational institution (administration and/or student services).
- Email (pdf file not exceeding 8MB) or post the completed, authorised TTCC application form to:
Tertiary Transport Concession Card
PO Box 1139
Eagle Farm QLD 4009
If you are eligible, your new Tertiary Transport Concession Card will be posted to you. Please allow up to 15 business days. If you have questions about the progress of your application, please call the Department's contracted provider on 3861 8013 or email email@example.com.
All eligible students can now apply for their TTCC. Transitional arrangements are in place to provide students with the opportunity to obtain a TTCC.
From now until 30 June 2014 students will be able to purchase and travel on a concession fare on approved public transport using the following proof of concession entitlement:
- a Tertiary Transport Concession Card (TTCC); or
- a valid Queensland tertiary/post-secondary student identification card (with the existing concession identifier or Queensland Rail logo) indicating full-time status; or
- a valid Tertiary Transport Card (existing card issued to students studying in regional Queensland).
From 1 July 2014 students will be required to hold a TTCC and a valid Queensland tertiary/post-secondary student identification card to purchase and travel on a concession fare on approved public transport throughout Queensland.
Information for educational institutions
To authorise TTCC applications for students, educational institutions must be registered with the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
To register, complete the educational institution registration form and forward to the address on the form.
The Queensland Government reserves the right to withdraw an institution's registration if it is found that the institution is not complying with the Department of Transport and Main Road's policy, including eligibility requirements as stated on the application form.
For information on registering please contact 13 12 30.